Chapter 18

As Hoseok drives us back to his apartment. One hand on the steering wheel and the other arm lazing against the window, he finally breaks the silence. "How are you feeling?" I keep my eyes focused on everything passing by outside the car window. "I don't know," I mumble in response. And that was the truth. I felt so conflicted.

Yoongi was my husband, I married him for a reason. I fell in love with him and saw a future with him. I gave him my entire self. Heart, body and soul. And I can't remember any of it. It was heartbreaking truly. I couldn't even recall the happiest moment of my life, my wedding day.

But even as I think about my husband, my eyes travel and linger over onto Hoseok's beautiful side profile as he drives. Just looking at him made my stomach fluttery. I craved comfort from him, now more than ever. I wanted him to take me in his arms and make everything better like he usually does.

"You don't know how you feel?" Hoseok looks at me briefly as he drives. "I'm very conflicted. My feelings don't make any sense. It makes my head hurt honestly."

Hoseok pulls into his garage and parks the car. He unbuckles his seatbelt and turns towards me in his seat. "What are you conflicted about? That's your husband you met." I fumble with my words and fidget with my fingers.

"I know, but then there's you and I really like you." My face heats up as soon as the words leave my mouth. Hoseok's face turns into pure shock and bewilderment. "You're still interested in me?!" I chew on my bottom lip and try to hide my face behind my hair.

He chuckles lightly. "I'm honored, but this can't happen anymore. You belong to him." My emotions shift into anger and my eyebrows drop down low. "I belong to no one! I am my own person! I make my own decisions, no one else." Hoseok lets out a quiet sigh. "I know that, but you gave yourself only to him for a reason." I roll my eyes.

That man I met didn't seem as sweet as Hoseok. Maybe I was mistaken or blinded by something. Perhaps this was my chance to start anew. A happy ending could still happen for me.

Yoongi said we were soulmates, but maybe a person can have two soulmates. Is that a possibility? It had to be, right? I can't deny or ignore the gravitational pull I feel towards Hoseok. He was the sun, and I could gladly spend the rest of my life rotating solely around him.

I sulk silently as we enter his apartment. "What would you like for dinner?" Hoseok asks me, stopping in the kitchen and rummaging through the cabinets. I keep walking, passed the kitchen and towards my room. "I'm not hungry. Goodnight." He lets out a sound of shock. "Eh?! Bed? It's only six in the evening!" I shut my bedroom door behind me.

I lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling. Am I a terrible person? I just found out that I have a husband but here I am thinking only of Hoseok. Maybe I deserve to be alone. Maybe I don't deserve either one of them.

Curling up into a ball, I silently cry myself to sleep.

My body jolts forward and I pant loudly. I had that dream again, where that Jimin guy attacked me. It was precisely the same as the first dream. Except this time the pain felt even more real. I could feel the blood draining from my head and warmly running down my face. My hands shook as I try to get a grip on reality.

I throw my legs over my bed and slid on my slippers. I shuffle from my room and across the living room. I lightly knock against Hoseok's door and enter his room. I tip-toe over to his bed, I couldn't see much, his room was quite dark. "Hoseok?" I whisper at first. I didn't want to startle him.

From what I knew about him, he was scared quite easily. I usually frightened him by accident. Like I would pop out of a room, and it would surprise him.

"Sunshine?" His raspy voice calls out. He sits up and I can feel him staring at me, even in the darkness. "I had that dream again," I say the words as pouty as possible. I was practically begging for his comforting embrace. And his words that soothed my soul.

"I'm sorry, you should be fine now." My heart drops into my stomach. He didn't offer any comforting to me at all. He hates me now. He wants nothing to do with me and it suddenly breaks my heart. Tears stream down my face. I turn around and go to leave, not wishing to speak another word. I wouldn't bother him again. Hoseok hears me sniffing and stops me. "Wait."

He jumps out of bed and walks over to me. "Are you crying?" I try to hold back the urge to cry harder. "No." I croak out, not sounding convincing at all. Hoseok sighs and pulls me into an embrace. "Now, now. None of that. Everything is okay now."

Pulling me over to his bed, Hoseok sits on the edge and pulls me onto his lap. I curl my legs up and make myself so small in lap. "No, it's not," I whine. He runs his slender fingers through my hair over and over again. He did this to soothe me, and it always worked. Except this time, it just made my heart ache. How long before he would never do this again?

"Why isn't it sunshine? What's wrong?" His voice is soft and gentle. I fight back a sob. "You don't like me anymore." I sniff and I hear him scoff lightly.

"That's far from the truth sunshine. In fact, I like you too much." I lift my head and try to get a look at his face in the dark. Hoseok sighs and kisses my forehead gently. He tries to pull away, but I grab onto his shirt and pull him close. I lean my lips towards him, our lips are centimeters apart. I couldn't bring myself to close the distance. And Hoseok didn't either. We stay like this only a minute. It became too much to bear and I pull away with a huff.

"Goodnight," I whisper, trying to mask the heartbreak I felt inside. I climb down from his lap and walk back towards my room. "Night sunshine," he says back, his voice packed with misery. 

"But I still want you

"But I still want you."