Chapter 174 - Feast

A/N: Was listening to 'In the Middle of the Night' by Elley Duhe when I wrote this chapter. You should do too for a better reading experience :P.

---

The endless sea had been disturbed for quite some time now.

King Caldor – Fluffy tightened his hold on the Little Prince of Mir as an explosion occurred far ahead of them.

"What is this..." He trailed off as continuous shivers rained down on his body. He was holding his breath while watching the two kings battle against each other.

He had never seen such a display of astounding power before.

It felt like he was watching the end of the world finally come to an end.

"Go after the phoenix!" The vampire king commanded his shadows and they all swiftly flew to chase after the manifested mythical creature made out of pure flames.

There were so many things happening all at once.

In the skies were countless shadow monsters. They emitted the aura of death as their screeches could be heard.

It was then;

Fire flashed across the skies as the phoenix let out a fiery beam that burned everything in its path. The area where they were was partially illuminated with the phoenix's power.

It wasn't even double digits with the percentage of power Melfar can use yet it was already showcasing extreme prowess in battle.

The glowing bird soared through the skies with its giant wings. A flame bubble was surrounding it making the creature look like a newly birthed phoenix.

"My god..." Fluffy's hands trembled as he flew farther away from the two kings.

No, even if he wanted to watch closer, he felt like he would die if he were to be hit by any of the spells all the creatures in the skies were releasing.

"GAAARGH!" Another one that was swimming in the seas roared as nine heads sprouted beneath the waters.

It shot a toxic cloud of smoke in the area in which the phoenix hurriedly flew away.

"He's really serious in getting another child," Fluffy subconsciously spoke as he held the small bundle in his arms.

The vampire king meant it when he said he was going all out. Fluffy thought it would've been a light match between the two kings but that's where he got it all wrong.

An imminent premonition of death could be felt in the atmosphere as the vampire king literally released all of his shadows that could fight in the air and in land.

"So cool..." Raegan, on the other hand, had his eyes sparkling in admiration as he watched his fathers duel with each other.

It was far from what his father had constantly shown him when they were exploring the uncharted areas of Mir. The demonstration of an extremely strong candidate's power was something he aspired to reach someday.

But he also could not take his eyes off of his dad.

Clang!

The surface exploded and water gushed into the air like a geyser. The eyes of the two kings were glowing as a serious expression was latched on their faces.

Gritting his teeth, Ciaran placed more force on his scythe.

"You're really serious about having another child, huh," Pier, whose eyes were now filled with so much amusement, spoke.

"Yeah." The response was short and precise. Ciaran teleported away when he knew trying to force his way against the dual swords would be futile.

'So strong,' He huffed as he, too, was tired from using so much of his magic.