Chapter 6 - Returned (3)

"If I kill all of our forces, will you let me pass through the kingdom freely?" Pier asked with a smile on his face.

Everyone flinched when they heard the young master's words.

It was daring, it was frightening. It was a threat from the successor of an extremely powerful household.

However, it was also obscure. It was Pier Belmiunde, the successor who had no talent. 

The well known young master that cannot even lift a single sword.

Ronnovian on the other hand was silent. 

He was observing his son carefully. 

Pier's smile was condescending. It gave off the aura of someone who had the upper hand.

Even with more than a thousand knights and mages guarding the entrance of the Southern Wall, it felt like Pier could still pull off the stunt he was creating out of nothing.

It was a surreal act that nobody would dare to reenact. 

It was the entire kingdom against him and his knight.

Though it was true for the young master who had his ice sword up in the air.

'Choose, Ronnovian' He commented.

'Subdue me and lose a portion of your force or let me pass through without any quarrels' 

Ronnovian was placing pressure on him right now. If it was still the original Pier who was controlling his own actions, it would end up with a lot of issues.

He would probably go and follow every word Ronnovian would say and the latter would make it out as Pier had done something disgraceful to the House of Masters once more.

'But I'm not your son' 

He hated it. He hated Pier for being like that. 

'He already knew what had transpired between Pier and the Crown Prince yet he is still doing this'  He did not think little of Ronnovian's capacity. After all, he would not be the Headmaster without actually having talent like a king.

Gideon stood quiet behind his young master.

He was afraid, not for himself, not for the knights and mages, not for anyone else but for his master.

The Headmaster smiled as he stared at his son standing further away from the gates.

"Why don't you get in the carriage I prepared, Pier?" He asked. 

Everyone was silent as they all listened to the Headmaster's words.

It was a rare occurrence for them to see Ronnovian personally and it was even rarer for them to hear him speak. He was an elusive entity that only shows up at the direst of moments anyways. 

"I just don't want to, father" Pier pointed out for the second time and Ronnovian chuckled at Pier's resistance.

"Then show me" He spoke and Pier raised his eyebrows.

"What do you mean, father?" Pier asked but Ronnovian only maintained his smile. 

'You'll figure it out yourself' He thought as he continued to float in the air.

Pier was confused.

"What does he mean by showing him something, young master?" Gideon asked behind him and Pier had the same question.

It was so vague and the context was lacking. 

His eyes then drifted towards the ice sword that was on his hand.