Chapter 117 - What Pier Wants, Pier Will Acquire

"Are you sure they are going to accept?" Ciaran asked him while Pier sat on the throne.

"Hmm?" Pier's amused smile can be seen once more and it was worrying the two men looking at him.

Gideon gulped multiple times from anxiousness.

Pier looked highly amused right now. That's one thing they wanted to avoid.

They knew when Pier's smile broadens and it was because he got amused, he was already plotting something sinister in his mind.

One example would be their gamble with the Heron Kingdom.

Pier used himself as a bait to infiltrate the palace and took control of their king. As easy as that, Pier made a kingdom dance in his palm with ease.

Now both Ciaran and Gideon were nervous with what he was plotting once more.

Well, in different reasons.

Gideon was nervous what his master would do since he did not see the actualization of Pier's gamble last time while Ciaran was anxious that Pier would do something all by himself.

It had been a week since they sent the letter towards Taron Kingdom but there was no response yet.

Only a week left until the Empire of the North attacks them in surprise.

Could it even be called a surprise attack anymore? Pier informed them about the details of the attack's possibility but they weren't still acting on it.

"Maybe they're taking us for jokes." He hummed while encircling his finger on the armrest of the golden seat.

"My liege..." Gideon was sweating despite the cold weather.

Was this how it felt like having Pier amused? It had been so long since he fought alongside the white-haired king and now, he was seeing Pier's actions once more.

"Pier, please tell me what you are planning." Ciaran was standing behind the throne while he was looking all concerned for his lover.

"Planning? Am I planning anything?" He asked the both of them but they turned their gazes away.

He was feigning innocence with the question but it was clear as daylight.

Pier was getting impatient and there was nothing good for the other party who was making him wait.

That's the ultimate rule Gideon and Ciaran knew.

If Pier wanted something, he would get it regardless of the method.

He wanted to get a kingdom for Ciaran, he got one.

Pier wanted to give Ciaran a present, he gave him a mythical creature that is a descendent of dragons.

Pier wanted to give Gideon a new weapon, he gave him the sword of flames using the phoenix's power.

He did it all without batting an eye.

Right now, he wanted the Taron Kingdom to respond with his letter and he wasn't getting any of it.

"My liege... let us wait for another day?" He asked but Pier's expression turned dark at the mention of waiting for another day.

"Or maybe not... hehe." He scratched the back of his head and looked away again.

"What do you want to do, Pier?" Ciaran asked him sincerely and Pier thought about it for a second.

What did he want to do? He cannot go and destroy the armies from the enemy that were secretly camping in Stone City and were waiting for another week before invading Taron.