Chapter 109 - Changed

Elena walked the hallways of the palace.

The cloudy skies that rained snow on the world started to diminish and it won't be long until the season would come to an end.

But in the span of two months since one of the most remarkable incidents in her life happened, things also started to gradually change.

"E-Excuse me, have you seen his highness?"

The servant turned to look at her and Elena flinched when the maid gave her a questioning look.

"I think his highness is as usual in his study, my lady." But regardless of the look, the servant still responded to the lady of the Marquis Household. Elena gave her thanks and she started to head towards the floor where Asher's study was located.

How long has it been since she had spent some time with the crown prince?

Probably two weeks? She could not quite remember most of the details since she was filled with responsibilities from their household.

There were knights and servants walking left and right the hallways she was coming into.

But none of them paid her great attention. Some noticed her and made way but the others seem to have no interest in looking at the lady. They all continued to mind their businesses and Elena was left looking down to avoid stumbling on her own dress.

It was back at the day. That one fateful winter evening when the kingdom was set in chaos.

One evening where everything started to gradually change for her.

When she reached the prince's study, Elena sighed deeply as she held her fist on her chest. The anxious look she had was quite visible considering she would once more talk with the crown prince of the Taron Kingdom.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

She consecutively knocked on the golden doors and there was a short shuffle inside before the material opened, revealing the knight guarding inside the prince's room.

"I...I came to see his highness, the crown prince." She bowed elegantly but the knight only stared at her for a full minute.

The uncomfortable feeling of having someone completely analyze you as you stood there awkwardly was unnerving.

"What is your purpose for visiting his highness?" The knight asked and she fiddled with her dress before speaking.

Why does she need to have a purpose in visiting Asher? She was the future queen yet she was being disregarded as someone unimportant.

But knowing her current status in society, Elena forced herself to speak up.

"I need to inform his highness about the updates on the Marquis' Territory." The knight analyzed the lady once more and Elena shifted before the man stood aside.

Entering the place, she was once more met with the gallant room that had a luxurious interior. Books were scattered everywhere along with many papers and notes.

To say that it was stuffed would be the accurate representation of what Asher's room looked like right now.

The usually empty desks and sofas were stacked with papers leaving her no place to sit.

She roamed her gaze inside the study until it landed on a certain someone.

His red hair was cut neatly and a quill pen was in his hand. His large frame was definitely attractive to the eyes and Elena's heart started beating faster.

Asher was as handsome as ever.

Yet despite the good looks the crown prince possessed, his stoic expression seems to contrast the aura he once possessed months ago.