Chapter 149 - Regrets

"Haven't the letter been taken yet?" He asked as he sat on his chair and the butler shook his head.

Sighing, Asher leaned his body back and closed his eyes for a moment.

A month had passed after the bloody war that took the lives of thousands of soldiers and civilians from the kingdom.

In hundreds of years, it was the first time Taron's walls were broken and his people were killed without mercy. It was all a catastrophe that created a ripple and that ripple caused further chaos in the external and internal aspects of the territory.

People all have suffered and many have also lost their hope in revival once more.

"How about the Heron Kingdom?" He inquired and the butler took a few seconds in thought before responding.

"The Heron Kingdom successfully defended the invaders coming from Cresencia, your highness. Their soldiers used the same method procured by the people from the Kingdom of Mir. They abandoned their cities and attacked from behind when the enemies were heading forward." It was an unbeatable plan, really.

It was understandable that despite Pier not being there to help them, the Heron Kingdom would successfully defend the weaker force that came there. Cresencia prioritized invading Taron so they placed all their cards in the kingdom and underestimated Heron too.

'Understandable because the Heron Kingdom's ruler is also Pier's servant,' Asher thought.

"I see. Please report to me immediately if the letter has been taken," He spoke and went back into writing documents and papers needed.

'I wonder when will Pier see the kingdom again,' He thought while trying to come up with the possibilities.

The Taron Kingdom was slowly recuperating from the damages and though the epidemic has been greatly decreased due to the population decreasing too, it was still present. However, amidst the illness going on, Asher wanted to see Pier.

He wanted to formally thank the person for doing all of those for them despite Pier being exiled by his father in the kingdom and being stripped off of his title.

Asher's thoughts then went back to the time Pier had revealed himself again.

Not as a member of the kingdom.

Not as a noble.

Not as the young master.

Instead, the Pier that came back to meet them had become even greater.

A ruler of a kingdom.

A royalty.

A king.

He had surpassed his previous status and achieved overwhelming authority that Asher, who was born in the luxuries and life of a royal person, felt small and insignificant. That's why he had been writing official letters coming from the prince and the king themselves about inviting the people from the Kingdom of Mir in Taron.

Asher knew he can no longer address Pier carelessly and speak to him improperly.

Starting the time the white-haired king showed up in the conference room, their positions have been switched and Asher was the one who needs to lower his head and give respect to Pier.

The letter that he was speaking of earlier was the one he was trying to send to them because it was the only method they knew about talking with Mir. It contained the formal greetings along with the invitation of the kingdom for Pier and the other people who helped in the war.

"That's how we got the letter though. It arrived in the king's chamber," Asher scratched his head because he was becoming impatient again.

By placing the letter in the window of the king's chamber, the exchange of conversation happened between Mir and Taron. Yet for a month now, the letter still wasn't taken by anyone from the invited kingdom and Asher was starting to have doubts if Pier still wanted to see them.