Chapter 76 - His Nightmare (2)

"Pier, let me have a word with you." Asher grabbed his arm and Pier winced at the tight grasp.

"What... is it?" He asked while he observed the prince's hand that was clutching his arm.

"Did you go to the capital yesterday?" He inquired and Pier's eyebrows furrowed.

"Your highness-"

"Please tell me honestly. I'm going insane." He begged and Pier looked around to see if there was anyone seeing the crown prince.

But it was the fifth floor. People were prohibited to go here in the prince's orders.

"Were you with the man named Fenrir yesterday?!" Inquiring in such a desperate voice, Asher spoke his thoughts.

"Your highness, please remove your hand from my arm. It hurts!" Pier retaliated as he tried to remove the tight grip but Asher wasn't letting go.

"Tell me, tell me it wasn't you! It wasn't you who went to the capital while holding hands with someone else!" He shook the young master's frail body and Pier felt his head getting dizzy.

"YOUR HIGHNESS LET ME GO!" Pier screamed.

He used the remaining strength in his body to push the prince away from him and it only did so little that Pier took a few steps back since Asher only stumbled too.

"Pier, I'm sor-."

Slap!

But before he could finish his sentence, the young master's palm went straight to his cheeks.

Stunned, the crown prince stared at Pier with a dumbfounded look.

The young master held his arm that now had an obvious bruise on it. The pale, porcelain skin was now stained with the ugly purplish color.

"Pier-"

"DON'T COME NEAR ME!" Pier screeched as tears started to fall down his eyes. Asher was frozen in his place when he saw Pier's face.

"WHY? WHY DO YOU KEEP ON GOING AFTER ME?! LEAVE ME ALONE!" Asher tried to take a step forward but Pier took one backwards again.

"It hurts... It hurts so much... why do you always hurt me..." Pier sobbed as he kneeled on the carpeted floor and cried his heart out. He was still clutching his bruised arm while Asher could not move from his place.

"I'm so tired of seeing you, having you talk to me every single day... Now you're trying to ruin something I want to have?!" Pier glared at him.

Even through the falls of tears, his eyes still glowed red from anger.

'What?' Asher tried to move again but he still could not.

'Red...?' He trailed off with wide eyes as he watched Pier.

"LEAVE ME ALONE! LEAVE ME ALONE!" Pier raged and the entire hallway of the floor started to shake.

"DON'T EVER COME NEAR ME, STOP GOING AFTER ME!" He continued to scream and the shaking of the floor became even stronger.

"Pier- Hmpf!" The prince tried to speak but his mouth was gagged.

He tried to walk but his body was frozen.

And as he turned his gaze downwards, Asher's eyes widened when he saw the reason why he couldn't move nor speak.

Another monstrous shadow was holding his own and its large arms were covering his shadow's mouth.

Fear crept up his chest at the sight and his heart started to race.

"You're always hurting me, your highness. Why do you always do that?" Pier continued to cry a few steps away but as he continued to sob his heart out, the trembling of the hallways became more prominent until cracks formed.