Chapter 165 - Coming of Age

"I suppose you know him, right, Elena?" Pier's amusement was skyrocketing as he watched the expression that was plastered on the lady's face.

Elena could not move. She was frozen in her spot as she trembled in fear while seeing the decapitated head in King Caldor's grasp.

"You know, I've been thinking about this..." Pier crossed his legs and leaned into one of his hands. His eyes never ceased in turning into crescent shapes at the unending fun he was having.

His silk white robe also adjusting to his position.

"Every person I meet in Taron is either stupid or dumb. I even classified you as one of them before." The young king chuckled because he found the fact that Elena could not take her eyes off of the decapitated head funny.

"You, Asher, the King, even my fa- oh, he's not my father." Pier then turned to look at Fluffy who had a nonchalant expression on his face.

"Throw that to her"

At the command, Fluffy threw the decapitated head toward Elena's direction.

"Everyone, every last one of you people are all unintelligent beings," Pier clicked his tongue wherein Elena scurried to get away from the head that rolled towards her direction.

"But I guess you are somehow smart."

If he were to base his judgments on the previous events, Pier had come to fit the pieces of the puzzle one by one.

Elena acted out of character in the conference room when the duke told her to remove her mask off. She stabbed the king unhesitatingly too while justifying her actions that it was for her and Asher's sake.

"If you knew the plan of the invasion already, that must have meant that you also know the steps your father took before the invasion." Pier felt as if he had been played by the Marquis and his daughter, Elena, all along.

But not now. Not again.

"With the presence of the House of Masters, Cresencia will not be able to invade Taron properly. That's why your father opted to destroy the household first before leaving the rest to Cresencia," He spoke and Elena flinched as she could not speak.

No, even if she wanted to, her voice seemed like it was stuck in her throat.

She was in an unknown place with no one to hold on to. She was a rat cornered in the wall not by cats, but by dragons themselves.

"And did you know who conducted your father's plans in destroying the House of Masters?" Pier inquired as he raised his finger.

In an instant, the already surging winds inside the throne room became cold. The golden floor was starting to be covered in ice that initiated from the white-haired king's feet.

"Haha! Yes, the anti-royalty faction. What did your father tell them? Hmm?" Pier knew that the anti-royalty faction seemed like unimportant characters in the background as he did not take notice of them too much.

But they were also a variable used by the Marquis.

The anti-royalty faction desires for the betterment of the kingdom by removing the current royals that were sitting on the throne. One of the biggest walls in their way in doing that so was the House of Masters.

"The Marquis probably told them that he would help them usurp the throne if they were to help him destroy and weaken the House of Masters so much that it would have a hard time getting back on its feet." After the floor was covered with ice, the element then started to climb the walls.

"But what the anti-royalty faction did not expect was that the usurpation of the throne would be conducted by the enemy empire. They wanted to replace the royals with people from the Kingdom itself but instead, they were used by the Marquis for his plan," the white-haired king explained as if looking amused and bored at the same time.