Chapter 79 - Countdown

"Pier, I have something to tell you." Ciaran spoke as Pier sat on the bed's edge while buttoning his shirt.

"What is it?" He inquired.

"I killed the head of the anti-royalty faction." The vampire prince admitted and Pier nodded his head casually.

He was too occupied with buttoning the last one.

"Okay-"

He instantly turned his head towards the green-eyed man who was sitting on his bed.

"HA?!"

Ciaran scratched his cheeks and lowered his head in embarrassment as he stared at Pier.

'Did I do a good job?' He thought while he was smiling sheepishly.

Pier's baffled and astounded look was very amusing to look at that Ciaran thought it was really cute.

"What... HA? I think my ears are stuffed." Pier tried to check if there were any problems with his hearing making Ciaran laugh at the young master's antics.

'He couldn't believe I did that for him. I did well.' Ciaran looked straight at Pier with his proud smile.

Like a dog who did something it thought was very good, Ciaran had the same expression. Pier had to contain himself from dropping his jaws for the second time.

"I did not touch his head. I will give it to you and maybe you can present it to the king as proof that he's dead. You will get a hefty reward for that, no?" He inquired and Pier still had the flabbergasted look on his face.

"How about getting a new territory on the southern region near the borders? That way I can easily visit you when I go back to the Mir Mountains since it is located near the southern region of your kingdom." Ciaran questioned and Pier's mind ran through so many things at a single time.

"Or maybe you can ask for stronger monsters and I will turn them into shadows that would follow your every command. That way the prince will not get near you- hmpf!" The young master immediately covered his mouth and Ciaran was now the one who had a surprised expression.

"Can you... go back to the first thing you said?" He asked in a careful voice and Ciaran nodded his head.

Raising his hand, he whispered under Pier's fingers a small chant and a black magic circle appeared.

A shadow like arm got out from the magic circle and it was carrying something.

"AAAAH!" Pier screamed his heart out after seeing what it was.

It was a decapitated head that had an expression of agony until its final moments.

It was horrifying.

"What? It's the anti-royalty faction's leader's head." Ciaran shrugged his shoulders and Pier felt his stomach churn in an unpleasant way.

He wanted to vomit and maybe erase the memory from his mind for the rest of his life but he couldn't.

"Don't worry about the smell. I asked the vampires at the Mir Mountains to remove the disgusting scent so you would not be disturbed by it." Ciaran reached out for Pier's shoulders and he hugged the young master.

He did not know but Pier was purely terrified by the decapitated head.

Ciaran was used in seeing Pier bathed in blood. He did eliminate so many monsters in the Mir Mountains which became Ciaran's strength so he thought seeing one head of a human would be nothing for the young master.

Pier did also kill a few knights when he was totally engulfed in rage a few months ago during Gideon's execution.

But Pier right now wasn't submerged in rage nor was he aiming to kill so many monsters.