Chapter 85 - Ceremony

A/N: Song is One Sweet Day covered by Khel, Bugoy, Daryl, and Katrina. You can listen to it while reading through the chapter for a better reading experience.

---

"Young master, are you ready?" Beth asked as she stood beside Pier.

He was wearing an all-white attire this time. His white three-piece suit looked as dazzling as ever in front of the mirror.

However, his eyes were once more hollow as he stared at his reflection.

"Let's go." He instructed and the three maids followed behind him with somber looks.

Today was the day that they would pay their respects to everyone who died in the bombing incident at the House of Master's central mansion.

As the sound of every step he took resonated in the empty hallways of the fifth floor, it was very loud in his ears. It was excruciating and painful.

His hair was combed back and a black handkerchief was in the pocket of his suit.

Pier could not describe the emotion he was feeling right now.

Every time he tried to look for sadness within his chest, he could find none. Every nook and corner of his heart, he never found a single drop of sadness.

'Am I this bad?' He asked himself as he continued to descend the stairs that led to the ground floor of the palace.

Every floor he passed through, he would meet other nobles and servants and they would all stare at him with pity and mourn. It wasn't easy handling the death of a thousand, especially if almost half of those were your own servants that tended to your needs.

They were all trying to reach their condolences to the young master who was all alone when the incident happened.

The young master who tried to do everything he could just to save as many lives as he can after the explosion happened.

Pier was the person who first came to the scenario and saw the disgruntling sight of the massacre.

The young master whom everyone from the House of Masters truly cherished was the initial person who saw the death of his own people.

"Are they all in front of the palace?" He asked and the three maids nodded their heads.

"That is correct, young master. The priests of the temple will also perform their protection spells there and will proceed to the burial right after." Susan responded with a grim voice in which Pier nodded his head to.

"Alright. Let us head there now."

When they reached the second floor of the palace, Pier was immediately greeted by everyone who attended the burial ceremony.

The crown prince, the young duke, even the Marquis' daughter was there and they all wore black outfits in order to commemorate the death of everyone in the central mansion.

"Young master." It was Trevor.

"I pay my respects." The young noble spoke but Pier did not even look in his way. The young master continued to walk towards the doors that would exit the palace.

"Let him go for now." Raphael placed his hand on the young noble's shoulders and Trevor immediately understood the young duke's sentiments.

He could never imagine losing the servants that were with him ever since he grew up. Just thinking about it made his own heart clench in pain thus, Trevor tried to imagine how Pier had been feeling after all this time.