Chapter 123 - Forgiveness and Amendments

Pier stood in front of many stones lying in a vast field. The winter winds were caressing his clothes and they fluttered along the cold breeze.

"I want this to end." He lowered his head and clutched his hands. The flowers in his grasp getting crumpled in the process.

"But how can I end this when the world is in my way?" He asked himself and lowered down to place the crumpled flowers on top of the stone.

Today was the day the conference would happen between Taron Kingdom and Heron Kingdom. However, that was still hours away.

Right now, it was in the wee hours of the morning and Pier took the remaining time to visit his main reason of doing everything.

One thousand and three hundred fifty-two.

That was the total number of the stones laid out in front of him and Pier silently wept in anguish.

It was as clear as daylight, as visible as a vibrant image that does not disappear even for the longest of time.

He clearly remembered how the entire mansion exploded along with his hired servants in it.

"It'll be over soon." He gently caressed one of the stones and smiled bitterly.

Pier did not even know what was happening with himself anymore.

"I'm losing myself." He chuckled before crouching down and sitting on his long coat. The small remaining snowdrops falling on to his body.

The white-haired king had been too engrossed in the act of taking revenge for his people that he himself started to lose his way through the path of his original goals.

Where was the Pier that initially wanted to get out of the kingdom and just enjoy life living freely?

Where was the Pier that wanted to see many more sights aside from the wretched kingdom he was in when he woke up in the body of a noble?

He couldn't properly recall everything anymore.

It was by human emotions to carry the burden of something that you have taken responsibility of when everything goes awry.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered as a tear cascaded down his eyes.

"I've been hurting many people along the way." Pier sniffled as he hugged his knees and buried his face in between.

Were his actions even justifiable anymore? He did not know.

Pier had been doing everything he wanted to without taking a look back at his steps. All he knew was that he should move forward.

But sometimes, looking back at the path you tread can also be helpful especially when you know you are starting to lose yourself.

"I... I'll take care of everything and continue living back with my initial goals."

He had been silent all along but the burden inside him was heavy.

One loses himself even while carrying the weight of losing someone important unto them/

But what about a hundred?

A thousand?

He did not have any experiences when it comes to ruling people but the moment he did, Pier was overwhelmed with the amount of respect and admiration he got from them.

Now every person who did so vanished from the world.

He felt the word weighing upon his shoulders and he decided to carry it all alone by himself.

It was his responsibility to do so.

As the young master, as Pier Belmiunde who sat on top of the world with their hands lifting him high.