Chapter 49

Olivia's pov:

I wouldn't say the silence in the car was awkward. It was...more confused. Blaze was confused as to what just happened and I was confused as to how did this side of mine come out?

This me, is someone who I knew existed but never expected her to show up, ever. A part of me felt awful for behaving the way I did with Blaze's family but a major part of me felt no regret. One thing I've learnt by now about him is that, no matter how poorly his family has treated him, he always has protected them, always has made sure they're safe. I know his heart has no love for either of them, but the humanity in him makes him do it. Like Stacey and literally every person related to Blaze I ever met says, he might have done a lot of bad things but he's not a bad person.

"Are you okay?" Blaze broke the silence.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" I queried.

He smirked.

"Livvie, what was that? I'm not mad or anything but I've never seen this side of you...ever, honestly I'm more worried than anything." He said.

"I was suppose to keep my mouth shut as it was a family matter but the minute your family started throwing insults your away, it got out of control. I can deal with everything that comes my way, even a few insults but what they were saying, crossed a limit. Blaze I apologise for my outburst but I can't take anyone insulting you, and when they started demanding to have the stone, it struck a nerve." I explained.

The man next to me sighed.

"Are you actually sorry?" He questioned.

"Not really." I replied immediately and honestly.

He chuckled.

"Olivia I'm not mad or anything, those people standing there were just few souls breathing and sharing the same blood as mine. I protect them and look after them because it was an obligation to my father that came down to me, and it just shows some ounce of humanity that is left inside me and makes me a human, that's all. However, what happened today is something unexplainable for you too, I presume. If there is any sort of regret floating inside you, you shall remember these were solely your actions and you're answerable to yourself." He told me.

I just nodded.

"I do a lot of horrible things on a daily basis but I don't hold anyone but myself accountable for all the mess I create. You might later regret this a bit too much but I'm not going to console you saying it is okay because like I said, you are responsible for your actions and words. I would never stop you from speaking up for yourself or how you feel but you must remember that words said and actions done are never forgotten." He spoke.

"I'm well aware of what I have done today and as cold as I sound, they deserved it." That's all I said.

"Ethically what you did today was not right but if if I were man living with ethics and rules I'd be the President of America." He said while I chuckled.

"Since I'm not, as long as you feel and believe what you've done was right-" I cut him off.

"It wasn't, not in my book atleast, but, if taking stand for someone I love even though I know he does 100 really terrible things everyday but in that one moment...when I know that he is doing right by those people, I WILL do what I have today again, if I have to, no matter what." I said.

Blaze just smiled

"Well, atleast my dream of seeing Becky catch bending for once in her whole life was fulfilled." He said and we both laughed hard.

Another thing I learnt in that moment was, Blaze is complicated, he is cold, he is selfish, he is ruthless, he is the black sky, but...a part of him that cares for the people he loves and would never let a scratch on them makes him the brightest shining star in my sky.