Chapter 46

Blaze's Pov

I don't think I've felt peace in abundance before. The satisfaction of having a complete nap at 5 in the evening on a Saturday is a beautiful feeling to me, the feeling of not always being drained has been engulfing me for over 6 months now and-

I heard my phone ring.

Moments of peace have passed by...

I picked my phone it said,

Malia calling...

"Malia?" I asked.

"Blaze, I've been attacked." She said and cut the call.

"Wh-" I couldn't finish.

Before I could do anything, Livvie entered the room.

"Blaze, I was wond-" She stopped seeing my face.

"Malia has been attacked, we gotta move. Now." I said.

She just nodded and changed into simple jeans and so did I as we placed our guns and daggers and speedily walked out of our room.

We got out of the house and walked towards the parking lot. I unlocked the car as we both jumped inside.

I ignited the engine and made my way towards the road.

----------

We were now outside Malia's house. I had asked livvie to inform all the others which she did and now we were positioning outside. I signalled Asher and Shawn to cover east and west of the house and Jace and Stacey the north and south while me and livvie entered from the front door and Marcus, Danica and Tyberias following us.

The door was locked from inside so I kicked it open and immediately had a gun fired to my head. I swiftly bent down and turned to the side while Olivia did the same.

There was silence, I saw livvie moving and I signalled her to not do it but she did it anyway. She threw a dagger towards the hand of the man holding the gun, he dropped the gun and winced in pain while I shot him right in the heart.

We got inside and immediately there were gunshots everywhere.

Everyone was firing nonstop and I was just hoping there wasn't a scratch on Livvie.

--------

It was past 20 minutes, gunshots were still happening and I could now see everyone, everyone except Olivia.

I was checking rooms after rooms but she was nowhere.

"Blaze!" I heard her.

I looked towards the opposite side and I saw her holding Malia in with her. I signalled her to take Malia out and keep her in the car.

She nodded and made her way out, I made sure they were both out of the house.

I was about to step down when the lights went off.

Shit.

I freezed right there. I knew I couldn't function in darkness, but I somehow had to make my way down. If I switched on the torch of my phone they'd come to know where I am.

Shit. shit. shit.

Panic was making it's way through my whole body. That same feeling of unknown darkness was seeping through my veins. I couldn't move, it was getting harder to breathe.

Fuck. fuck. fuck.

My brain just wouldn't work, it was getting too consumed.

I slowly tried to move, take a small step.