Chapter 44

Blaze's Pov:
I did it again. I became selfish but this time..this time it feels right. No guilt, no regret. Every little doubt in my mind vanished the minute she promised to be there for me no matter what. A feeling of peace and calmness was felt.

I looked at the girl laying next to me, wrapped up in sheets while her hair cascades down to her shoulder as some strands fall to her face making her look prettier than ever, her soft hands entangled in mine, her red nose scrunching because of the cold and attractive eyes close as she looks like an absolute angel.

Something about her gives me hope, hope that things will change for the better, hope that I will be a better person, hope that will bring back happiness in this family.

I slowly pushed a strand of her hair behind and felt her move a little. Not long until she opened her eyes and those brown orbs started staring at me.

"Morning." She said in a lazy voice.

"Morning." I replied back.

She then got up and sat properly as she took her phone in her hand.

"You hungry?" I asked.

"When am I not?" She said and chuckled.

"Cool, let's brush and get down then, might as well have some Italian breakfast." I said.

"Awesome!" She cheered and jumped out of bed.

-------------

We had both settled down in a small café that of course Olivia found about.

I think we should just get use to eating in small café's now.

Anyway, after ordering food we had small conversations here and there but mostly we were just enjoying the atmosphere as the café was near an open road in the town.

We were about to leave when her phone rang. She took it out of her purse and picked it up.

"Hey dad!" She said.

This man just can't seem to give us some time alone.

"Yea? Oh? Wow that's nice. Yea I'm with him. Italy. For some work. Dad I said some work! Personal work! because he is a part of the work? how does it matter, dad? OH MY GOD, you're ridiculous dad, of course he's not doing that. Oh for godsake I'm not 5. Dad, I'm busy, call you later, bye." She said and cut the call.

"Everything okay?" I asked her

"Yea. Let's just go." She sighed.

I just nodded as we paid and left.

She was unusually quite the whole way to the car. We reached and settled down as I ignited the engine and started to drive.

I didn't utter a word and there was complete silence. After 5 minutes, I heard a voice.

''There is always going to be someone breathing under my skin." She said.

"Elaborate." I replied.

She took a deep breath.

"Can we go to the jungle?" She asked.

"Of course." I replied and smiled If that is where she is comfortable to talk then fine, we will go to the jungle.

-----------

We were sitting at our usual spot in the jungle, I had lit up a cigarette and was waiting for her to speak up.

"As a kid, my life was nowhere close to normal. My parents inculcated all sorts of good values into me but with that came some really weird rules. At the age of 12 all my friends had learnt to travel alone, atleast from home to school and school to home. When I asked for the same, I was denied saying I'm too small. I didn't argue much on that. I was generally everyone's favorite in school." She said.