Chapter- 19

Blaze's POV

Flashback:

"C'mon Blaze you've gotta be faster son" Dad yelled as I saw a dagger coming my way.

I ducked the dagger and quickly rolled on the floor as I took my dagger out and aimed it towards dad as he caught it. I wanted to learn how to catch daggers and not duck them, that was something dad was expert in.

Dad slowly came towards me.

"You're doing fair enough, but you have to keep working, no breaks Blaze." Dad said.

"Yes dad" I said calmly.

The only person I ever looked up to while growing up was dad, dad was the only person who I believed actually loved and cared for me for the past 9 years.

Mom was always been busy with the house work. She did try making time for me but our timings never really matched.

As for my sister Flora, she was quite literally my opposite. Bubbly, sweet, kind and always happy. She never wanted to take over the mafia and that's the reason I was being trained.

I loved fu though, she always had my back. She has always been there for me, but what me and dad shared was different. Dad was like my only friend. Dad was the one person I cared the most about.

I was snapped out of my daze as dad's phone rang.

"Yes Nick?" Dad asked.

Uncle Nick was dad's most trusted man.

"Alright. We'll be there" He hung up.

"I've got a drug deal to do with the Mexicans, you can continue with the gun practice" Dad said and was about to leave.

"Dad, even I want to come" I said.

"Your mother won't like it" Dad retorted.

"I don't care. I want to come" I shot back.

Dad sighed and nodded as I walked behind him. We entered the house and saw Mom cooking while fu was studying in the living room. Fu was 5 years older to me.

"I have a drug deal with the Mexicans, will be leaving." Dad announced.

Mom came out.

"Oh? How long will it take?" She asked.

"No idea love. I'll keep you updated" Dad gave a forehead kiss to my mom and was headed upstairs to their room.

"Oh and Blaze is coming with me" He announced.

"Andrew, Blaze is too small to attend drug deals. Keep my son out of it as of now" Mom said worried.

"Amelia, he'll have to take over sooner or later it's better if he starts experiencing" Dad tried to reason.

"But he's too small, this can wait" Mom said.

"No mom, I'm going and it's final" I concluded and left as dad came down in his suit.

∆ ∆ ∆ ∆

We had reached the second HQ which dad had built majorly for such deals he never wanted people coming to the original HQ.

We entered and soon the meeting began. I was mostly just observing the Mexicans and their style of dealing. I know I was too young but dad always said 'the earlier you learn the better'. Dad had gotten another call in between so he excused himself.