44. 𝑇𝑤𝑜'𝑠 𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑃𝑡. 1

Start from the beginning

"Good.

"I need water."

She walked around the couch to head to the kitchen and I rolled my eyes. "Don't break my shit again, Cleo!" I yelled over my shoulder. Over the past week alone, she managed to break two plates and three glasses. I didn't know how she did it but my patience was running thin. Especially since I was the one cleaning it up every single time.

I heard a slight wince followed by a laugh. "Have some faith, bestie!" I sighed and pulled out my phone. I let myself focus on replying to messages and checking in with Gabriel.  I heard a glass crash down to the floor and immediately stood up to check on Cleo.

When I made it to the kitchen, I saw her gripping the counter with a pained expression on her face. I thought she might've cut herself and walked towards her. I stopped walking once I saw the water pooling at her legs.

"Please tell me you just peed."

"I might've," she said in a high voice as she shut her eyes tight. "But I think my water broke too." She groaned loudly in pain.

"Sh-should I take you to the hospital?"

"I..." she winced in pain and slowly bent over. "I don't think I can make it there. They're coming NOW!"

"Shit!" I cursed. "I'll call Cas and Xavier."

"Later," she waved her hand quickly. "Come and help me to the pool so I can pop these motherfuckers out," she growled, digging her nails into my skin. She waddled ahead of me, pulling me along before doubling over in pain again.

"I don't think that's going to work," I said, glancing outside. It was dark and raining. The pool wasn't exactly close and I didn't want to take any chances and have her fall. "Come on. Put your arms around my neck."

She gingerly did as I said and I wrapped one arm around her back and the other one behind her legs. In a quick motion, I sped up the stairs and into the bathroom. I carefully placed her into the bathtub and she gripped the edges of it and screamed in pain.

I turned on the bathtub and put the stopper in, letting it fill with hot water before rushing down the steps once again. My nerves were a mess as I fumbled through drawers and ran through the house looking for the things I needed. I'm the end, I grabbed as many towels as I could and a pair of scissors.

On my way up the stairs, I dialed Xavier's number. I walked into the bathroom, letting everything clatter to the floor before kneeling in front of the tub. I held the phone between my shoulder and ear, waiting for Xavier to ring as I picked up the scissors.

I let my hands submerge into the water and I cut off any piece of clothing that would be getting in the way. I tossed them on the floor of the restroom in urgency when I heard Xavier's voice sound through the telephone.

"You guys need to come back now!" I growled lowly, still cutting away her bottoms. Almost on cue, a guttural scream came from Cleo and I dropped my phone into the water. "Shit!"

Hopefully, they'd put two and two together and get here as soon as possible but for the time being, we were on our own.

I set the scissors down as I finished and looked at Cleo. Mascara and tears were streaming down her face and her wet blue hair clung to her face. She was taking measured yet wavering breaths as she gripped the tub I picked up a small towel.