Chapter 66-Meg

Meg

We ride in a limo to Jai's movie screening.  It's supposed be a carpeted event but Sunday will be more publicized according to him.  I really know nothing about all of these so I'm learning as I go.  He's wearing a nice outfit but not a suit—a jacket with a polo shirt and nice dress pants.  I had him pick out my outfit from what I brought because I had no idea what to wear.  He chose something much more casual than I expected.  I had thought this was a dressier kind of event.  He actually picked a jacket and pants for me, too.  He also said he didn't mind if I wore comfortable shoes.  I didn't argue and took his advice completely.  I left my hair down for tonight since it's supposedly not as elaborate of an event as later on this weekend.  It surprisingly curled itself so I didn't have to.  I'm grateful because I didn't want to take up too much of his time getting ready. 
We're dropped off in front of a theater and I would've thought this is a bigger event than he was making it out to be.  There are photographers and camera crews everywhere.  I see people being interviewed and barricades holding back the crowds. He grins at me and opens the door.  He steps out and then reaches back to help me out of the door. 
I hear the cheering of his fans.  There are people taking our pictures straight away and someone comes up to interview him.  They ask about me and he introduces me as the love of his life.  My heart clenches at that, the sweet way he speaks about me. 
We move on and it's hard to pay attention to any one thing with the cheering of the crowd and the flashing of lights everywhere.  I just smile and stay by his side going through the motions with him.  It's mostly a daze for me.  He poses for several pictures before the entrance and many of his crew members pose with him.  He's smiling and joking around with them.  He looks to be having a good time.  I don't really know who any of them are but stay to the side out of the way.  When they separate, Jai looks through the area.  When his eyes land on me, he smiles and reaches out for me.  I approach him and a whole new series of pictures are taken of just the two of us.  I smile genuinely because this is making him so happy.  I'm glad I could be here with him.  He's interviewed a little more before we go inside.  We wait around the entrance and he introduces me to so many people that I can't keep up with all of the names.  I smile and shake hands, exchanging pleasantries with them.  I recognize one man but I'm not sure where I've seen him before.  He surprisingly has a British accent and I feel like that's throwing me off. 
We go inside the theater and take our seats.  Jai talks quite a bit with the others, holding my hand.  The movie starts and we watch it together with everyone beside us.  It's not at all what I was expecting.  I smile when I hear Jai speaking in an American accent.  It is an all action movie.  I like it even though it's pretty violent, but that's typical of these kinds of films.  The swearing and blood is a bit much but this was before he became a Christian.  I honestly wonder what he's planning on doing next... I guess I'll find out soon. 
The movie concludes and he looks to me for approval.  I'm surprised by that—that he cares so much of what I think. 
"I liked it," I shrug. 
He smiles and knows that's a truthful and positive response from me—that if I didn't, I probably wouldn't say much or that he'd have to dig for me to elaborate.  I don't know if I'd see it more than once since the violence isn't really my thing but he seems ecstatic at my reaction. 
Everyone chats about how it played out, the effects added and how they tied it all together.  They talk and talk about various scenes, how they came out. 
We get ready to go and meet up at an after party at a bar.  Jai has a drink and I just get a soda.  He did buy me some of that nail polish like before just in case.  I paint my nails since I'm not the kind to really do that regularly and Dar was much better than me.  I'm glad I can handle my own makeup fairly well on occasion but I kind of made a mess and wipe some off with a napkin. 
When it dries, I check my drink and it's fine.  I take a sip and realize Jai must've walked off for a minute.  I don't see him anywhere.  I sit here for a moment alone at the bar.  A man approaches me smiling and takes Jai's vacated seat.  He starts to chat with me.  I attempt to be friendly with him.  He notices my ring and mentions it.  I tell him I'm engaged and he asks where my fiancé is.  I say he just stepped away looking around.  I honestly don't see Jai or even his friends anywhere nearby.  I don't know what happened to him. I look back to the man beside me and he's moved closer to me smiling, attempting to touch me. I take my hand from his grasp. Jai returns a moment later and I'm relieved. The guy gets up walking away and I didn't even find out his name but I honestly was a bit uncomfortable with him. I reach for my drink and check it again. I sigh and push it aside. Yeah, I thought that's why he was getting so close.
"Are you having fun, love?" Jai asks me.
"With you, I am," I reply.
He smiles and kisses me.
"I've got several appointments set up next week—interviews and photo shoots. They're all here in town," he tells me.
I nod.
"Do you want to go to the gym with me in the morning next week? A couple of the blokes over there want to fight," he mentions to me.
"Sure," I agree. "Maybe you could teach me some self-defense." I know a little that I've learned at the Y but I'm sure he knows much more.
He grins at me in response and kisses me gently again. I sigh happily.
"Some of my co-stars have a couple booths over there. You want to join them?" he asks.
"Sure," I nod. I rise and leave the beverage.
"Don't you want your drink?" he asks confused.
I pick it up and show him how my nail changes color. He sighs harshly. "Yeah, let's teach you some self-defense. I'm also not walking away from you in public again."
I nod because I don't disagree with anything he's said.