Chapter 5-Jai

Jai

I wake in the morning feeling better and much more awake. I go with Meg to work and watch as she teaches the little ankle biters how to dance. It's got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen. They're seriously better than me, though.
I have to admit, Meg looks really good in her leotard. She, along with all the other girls, have skirts on. Hers is probably the most modest I've seen but she's more beautiful in my opinion than anyone else I've ever laid eyes on. She has them go over all the moves they know and then teaches them a few more, assisting with their stance and movements and I realize they're probably so skilled because of her. She really does take the time to teach them well. I watch as she has the girls prance around and I chuckle at the expressions on all of their faces. They're loving this. They go through once more and run off to their mums.
Megan thanks them all for their hard work and says goodbye. A couple of them run up and hug her legs. She bends down and gives each of them a proper hug and it's so sweet. I feel like as I watch her, I fall further in love with her. She really is incredible. A mum comes up and thanks her again before they wave and leave. She shuts the door and strides over to me.
"You're next," she grins.
"I'm having second thoughts," I admit nervously.
"No worries," she smiles.
I laugh at that and walk up to her. I'm tempted to kiss her and I think... "Next time, we should do this at home."
She nods in understanding, probably feeling what I feel.
She plays some paced classical piano music. It reminds me of my school days with the rhythm. She leads me in a few basic leg movements. I'm struggling as usual but she has me continue and she gently corrects my posture and then the movement. Next, we go over more of the basic ballet positions. She holds me closely and we move together. I know this is not how it's done but I think she's doing this just for me—for my sake. I wrap my arms around her and we do the positions slowly together. I laugh in surprise that I've actually got a few down.
"So you've never really danced before?" she asks me softly.
"Clumsily," I admit.
"We all had to start there. It takes practice, dedication, patience, and also a good teacher that cares. People can learn dance, but if the person teaching doesn't show their student where they need correction, they'll never improve," she says and I believe it. My teachers were always criticizing, not really helping. She's assisting me more in one class than an entire semester for me.
We continue on and we're actually breaking into a sweat. It's funny how I know the moves, I just couldn't get my body to cooperate at the time. I think her calming approach is pulling it out of me.
I spin her around in my arms and we're panting. "I think that's time," she whispers.
I'm almost sad it's over.
"We'll practice at home sometime," she smiles.
I nod in agreement and we get ready to leave. We shower there and she clocks out waving goodbye to her coworkers.
We drop off our things and eat lunch at her parents' house before we load up the 4WD with our baggage. We leave for the trip and she insists on driving even though I offered a flight. She's driving my rental because I don't think I could make a four hour drive with jet lag. I crash almost instantly on her lap. I feel an occasional caress from her in my hair or on my cheek.
"Jai," Meg whispers into my ear.
I hum a reply.
"I've pulled over at a rest stop. I need to use the restroom," she tells me.
"Alright. I'm up," I say rising. I feel her fingers running through my hair as I try to open my eyes. I step out of the 4WD and realize we're at a road train stop. "Where are we?" I ask.
"About halfway," she shrugs. "Some truck stop on the turnpike." She comes closer and kisses me gently. I follow her toward the bathrooms. I go in and come out. I'm completely in a daze and I see now why I don't leave my house for days after all those flights. I wait for her to come out. She steps out a moment later and I smile glad to see her. I kiss her and sigh. I couldn't be happier.
"Do you have any favorite place you want to have dinner at or do you just want something delivered until you're feeling more like yourself?" she asks.
"Yeah, I'm no good in public like this," I admit.
"Alright," she smiles. "I'm honestly looking forward to no more interruptions."
She kisses me again and I smile into the kiss. We climb back in and I lay back over her lap. I feel her fingers running through my hair before she turns the ignition on and drives us. I'm lulled to sleep by the rhythmic sounds of the 4WD driving on the bitumen. I relax in the comfort of my girl.
I'm jostled and I'm up. I rub my eyes and stretch.
"Where are we?" I ask.
She laughs, "Technically it's called Gary, Indiana but if you'd ask either of my brothers they'd tell you the armpit of the world."
I can't help the chuckle that bubbles out of my chest at that. "You can't be serious," I say trying to calm down.
She motions outside the windscreen and I do see how... run down and industrial the area looks.
"Crikey, the Midwest is a dump," I joke.
"You don't hear me objecting," she agrees. "I'm almost tempted to stop here on the way back and photograph the decay."
"We could if you want," I reply. "No condemned buildings, though."
She laughs and glances at me before focusing on the road. "Maybe..." she smiles.
"Did you bring your camera gear?" I ask. I've never really seen her photograph much before.
She nods. "It's in the trunk," she motions with her hand behind us. "As soon as I left for Jamaica and realized I forgot my camera, I was kicking myself. I was so overcome that I forgot it."
"You could've used mine," I say. I offered several times.
"Eh, it's not the same," she says.
"How so?" I ask intrigued. I've never seen photographers take as much time for one shot as she does. They usually take like a hundred and have one or two decent ones.
"You'll see," she shrugs. "My mom gave me another birthday present when we left. I'm excited to open it. She made me promise to wait until my birthday and video chat her."
"What do you want to do for your birthday?" I ask.
She shrugs. "We're already doing it aren't we?" she smiles glancing at me. "Did you want to do something special for yours?"
"Spending time with you is present enough," I say softly. I lean over and kiss her cheek nuzzling closer.
She squeals and laughs. "Not while I'm driving. I'm not used to the traffic," she chuckles. She glances at me quickly but keeps her eyes on the road.
"Have you ever driven to Chicago?" I ask.
"I've driven around Chicago to Minnesota but never through the city," she says.
"Do you want me to drive?" I ask.
"No," she laughs. "You'll fall asleep," she teases.
"I'm more awake now," I insist.
"It's fine. I've got to learn to do this sometime," she says calmly.
I watch her as she actually navigates the city well without guidance. She follows the signs.
"You've been here before, right?" I ask.
"Yeah, just never driven myself. I was always with my parents or school..." she trails off as she cautiously switches lanes. It's getting pretty crowded and it's early. It'll get worse later but I think we're actually getting closer to the exit if I remember correctly. It's been years though since I've driven here.
I check my phone and see there's not that much congestion until we get closer to downtown. This time actually worked out well. She continues on paying the tolls and driving. She's actually doing well and I'm surprised. Most ladies I know are not the best drivers. A thought occurs to me though... "Didn't you say you're not old enough to rent a car?" I ask.
"Twenty-five," she says.
"That's weird," I comment.
"It's not the same in Australia?" she asks.
"I don't know," I say and look it up for both countries. America says twenty-five but the agencies may rent them out for younger. There are more fees involved. "Australia says twenty-one but there's additional charges under twenty five. That's a lot like here," I comment.
She hums a reply.
"So... three years," I say.
"Two, and a couple days," she corrects.
I smile at that.
We get stopped in gridlock and she puts it in park after a while.  I sneak my kisses in and she giggles at me.  She kisses me back and we hear a horn blaring. 
"Sorry.  Someone's distracting me," she teases as she puts it in drive and we move on.  I'm grinning, though. 
We get off the freeway and drive around to the hotel.  It's looking chockers and I was fortunate enough to get the bookings last minute. She pulls into the car park and we climb out.  We haul our baggage inside.  I check us in at reception and I make sure they're adjoining rooms so she can come in if I'm out.  We're taken up by two different bellhops and I'm grateful they're taking care of her.  I've had some before that have taken my baggage and not the lady's.  I guess this hotel is better.  I've never stayed here but it looks decent for a chain.  I'm only here because that's what she wanted.  I would've picked something a bit more high end.  We arrive to the top floor and I check out her room first. 
"Wait... this isn't what my dad got," she says confused.  "I don't need all of this."
"I upgraded your room," I tell her. 
"But it was free," she laughs. 
"You're welcome," I tease. 
"Thank you," she says kissing me. 
"Are you coming to mine?" I ask. 
"Sure," she smiles and drops her bags. 
I tip the bellhop when she's not looking.  He thanks me and leaves.  We step to the side door of her room and my baggage is already in my room.  I thank my bellhop and tip him, too. 
"Wait," Meg calls out to him.  "Which deep dish is the best?" she asks him. 
He smiles.  "Uno," he replies. 
"I've heard that," she says.  "I've only had Giordano's"
"Theirs is good," he nods.  "Uno's is better."
"Thank you," she smiles. 
"Early lunch is the best time to get in and out," he advises. 
Her smile grows and she thanks him again before he leaves. 
"Is that what you want for your birthday?" I ask as I drop my remaining things and stride over to her. 
"I think so," she nods.  "What about you?"
"Whatever you want, love," I whisper because I already have everything I've ever wanted right here.