Chapter 75-Meg

Meg

I feel kind of bad leaving but once I mentioned it, he insisted.  I just feel like I can get more done going back to my room.  I miss him, though.  I change quickly to my paint clothes.  I set the half dry one aside on a drop cloth out of the way. 
I flip through my photographs and decide which one I want to do next.  I blend some colors and get to work.  Now that I've gotten more practice in on this, I see how Van Gogh was able to crank out close to eight hundred in a year.  I feel like it's an acquired skill.  I add my colors and details filling the canvas.  I stand back and see there's some dolphins in the distance.  I add that little bit of detail and set it aside.  The next one, I focus on the marina.  I add in the land and then several rows of boats tied up on the docks.  I add a few seagulls and move on.  The next one I flip to is colorful with a sunset.  It has a sailboat coming in in the foreground with the sail up.  I paint it quickly and it comes out beautifully.  There's so much red and yellow and orange.  The next is of the pier.  It's much more purple with some pinks and blues shimmering in the water.  The sky is mostly light purple with a few smooth-looking clouds.  I see what I think are sea lions lounging around by the marina and I paint them in.  They're quite dark with little detail. 
I set that aside and change the colors over on my palette working with the night shots I've taken.  These will be more like Starry Night.  I've got the moon in the sky in the first, casting a glow on the ocean.  The marina is in the shot so I add the darker shades but the boats are a bit lighter with the white sails almost glowing in the night.  I move onto the pier and the long exposure of the stars rotating.  I paint the background darker with the rotation of those stars over a long period of time.  The pier is dark off to the side and I add the reflection of the stars into the water.  I step back and it's incredible. 
I flip through my pictures and I kind of feel like I'm done.  I clean up my paints and wash up myself, changing back into what I was wearing earlier.  I stand back and admire my work.  I'm just in shock at how lovely they've turned out.  I honestly can't wait until they're dry to get them out of here.  I'm a little nervous that I'll ruin them. 
I hear a knock on the door and open it to Jai.  I smile at him and kiss him at the door. 
"Do you want to go out for tea or order in?" he asks holding me. 
"Whatever you want," I tell him. 
"Are you tired?" he asks. 
"A little bit," I admit. 
"You did all of that?" he asks surprised stepping in and noticing the line of canvases. 
"I did," I nod. 
"What do these two remind me of?" he asks. 
"Starry Night," I tell him. 
I pull it up on my phone. 
"Yeah, that's it," he replies.  "You've got some serious talent, love."
"Thank you," I say quietly. 
"So... what will you do next?" he asks.
"I don't know," I shrug. "I feel like I need to go out for inspiration."
He smiles at me. "Are you up for it tonight?" he asks.
"Maybe tomorrow," I say. "Do you want to have dinner at your place? We can watch a movie or something," I shrug.
"I'm fine with that," he agrees.
He drives me to his house and I sit down on his sofa getting comfortable. I let him pick out whatever he wants to eat and watch. He orders some type of Californian health food. It's good but different. I don't mind it. It's better than some of the heavy meals from my hometown. We watch an action flick of his choosing, one I haven't seen before as we snuggle up on his sofa together. It's interesting but I feel like I nod off towards the end. I feel a gentle shake and I hug him tighter.
"Do you want me to take you back to the hotel, love?" he asks.
I yawn. "I don't care," I mumble.
"Do you want to stay here?" he asks and I wake up more.
I yawn again and stretch. "I should probably go back," I tell him.
"Alright," he agrees. He grabs his keys and I slip my shoes back on. He walks me to the car and shuts the door. I fumble with the seatbelt drowsily and he helps me buckle it. He drives me back and I see the stars out. It's so beautiful. I look out of the window and watch them streaking by in awe as he drives me back. He parks and walks me upstairs to my room. I wrap my arms around him and kiss him at the door.
"I'll see you in the morning, love," he tells me.
"Goodnight," I whisper to him.
I step in and slide off my shoes. I brush my teeth and change quickly. I conk out onto my bed the moment my head hits the pillow.