Chapter 6-Meg

Meg

Jai kisses me in his room and I smile into the kiss. He kisses my cheek and I hold onto him.
"What do you want for dinner?" I ask.
He chuckles against my skin. "Hungry already?" he asks.
"No, but it's a Friday night at five in Chicago. If you want take out, we should order it now to get it by seven or eight," I say.
"What? That's crazy," he laughs.
"That's Chicago," I shrug. "I thought you were here before."
"Most everything was catered. We went out some but I never paid attention," he says.
"So, what do you want?" I ask.
He sighs. "Bed," he tells me and I chuckle.
"How about I see what they have downstairs? I saw a few places on the way in," I offer.
He makes a sound that doesn't appear pleased.
"What's the matter?" I frown.
"That expression now," he says kissing me. He deepens the kiss and I'm surprised but I don't mind. My heart is soaring being in his company.
He breaks away a moment later. "I need sleep," he whispers.
"Fine, you go to sleep and I'll handle the food," I say. "Do you want me to help you unpack?"
"I don't have the strength for that," he sighs.
"Fine, you handle your unmentionables. I'll handle the rest. Put them in the top drawer and I won't touch that. Then get ready for bed. I'll be back in a few minutes," I suggest.
"Alright," he agrees grudgingly.
He kisses me again and I watch as he dives onto the bed. "I'm not unpacking your things until you put your underwear away," I say shutting the door between our rooms.
I hear him grumbling and getting up. I grab my room key and my purse and turn around. I laugh that he's right behind me. "I thought you were going to bed," I chuckle.
He hands me something.
"Why are you giving me your credit card?" I ask confused.
"I'm paying for tea," he says.
"I don't think anyone is going to believe I'm you. I can get away with using mom's card but I'm pretty sure we look nothing alike," I tease.
"Nobody looks at cards anymore. Just sign your name," he says but he sounds exhausted.
"Go to bed," I insist. I peck his lips and he sighs holding onto me a little longer.
"Alright," he whispers but he does kiss me again.
"I'm leaving," I say kissing his cheek before I step out of the room.
I take the elevator to the lobby and look around for that place I saw earlier. There was a Starbucks and some sort of bakery but I saw a place with other things. I see a bar that already has a few people seated there. There are several restaurants and I make my way back around. I notice the Starbucks place has sandwiches. That's what I saw. Shoot. This doesn't look as good as I thought. I look to the hours and they're only open a couple more. I'll grab something for both of us and if he doesn't want it, he could order room service and I'll eat it tomorrow when he's asleep again. We're only really here so he doesn't have to travel on his birthday. I grab two sandwiches and salads. I grab one parfait because that actually looks good. I get a couple drinks since these are probably cheaper than the ones they stock in the room. I check out and the cashier didn't look at his card. I go back up to my room and then walk into his room. I set his card down on his nightstand.
He is out. I decide to eat first since I am actually a little hungry. I sit at his dining room table and text my mom that we arrived okay. I consider to get Jai's phone but then... I don't know his password. I'll have to get his mother's number to tell her we're here. When he wakes up, I'll ask for it. I finish my sandwich and eat most of my salad. I toss them into the trash and put the rest in his fridge. There actually is a little food in there and a space for this so I tuck it in the bag. I open his suitcase and notice that he did take some things out. I get out his dress clothes first and hang them in the closet and then put the rest in his drawers. I set his bag away and put his toiletries into his bathroom. I step over to my room and do the same. I look over the room and this is ridiculously huge. I debate on what to do tonight. I kind of want to go out and explore the city and maybe take some pictures... but that's probably a bad idea to go out by myself. Chicago isn't as safe as it used to be—especially the last few years.  I think on how in the quiet the previous couple weeks I'd been crying constantly... and now I've been given everything I've ever wanted and more, so I wait patiently for him. I ask God to help him rest well and be ready for his birthday in a day and a half. I think about church on Sunday and wonder where we should go. I decide to sit down and plan the visit out. The only regular paper I can find offhand is his notebook so I take it and flip to the back. There are several days I'm expected at the gallery. Then, Wednesday is St Patrick's Day so I want to see the parade and the river—which I can actually view from here. Thursday is my birthday, so lunch at Uno's. Sunday is church in the morning and anything else he wants to do for his birthday. Tomorrow is probably a wasted day since he'll be sleeping. I write down that I want to go to the Museum of Modern Art and view some other galleries. I want to take some pictures. I smile and think I'd like to maybe see the Navy Pier with him if we have time—because I'm a nerd. I'll leave the rest to him—food and anything else.
I brush my teeth and turn my light off. I take a seat on my sofa and watch the nightlife from my window. I just sit and stare out at the city lights. 
I must've nodded off since I wake to Jai picking me up and putting me to bed.
"Are you awake now?" I ask groggily.
"It's alright. Go to sleep, love," he whispers.
"I got you some mediocre food," I smile. "If you don't want it, I'll eat it tomorrow. You can get some room service," I yawn. "Oh, and call your mom."
"No worries. Goodnight, love," he says kissing me.