Chapter 130-Meg

I kiss Jai gently and separate from him, so grateful he was here to aid in calming my frazzled nerves. The two head pastors lead us out.  We exit the dugout and the crowd on the ground level around us roars in excitement.  They attempt to rush us but security and the blockade hold them back.  Although, it's not stopping them from trying.  I hear people everywhere calling my name but one recognizable voice stands out at close proximity. I turn in that direction to oddly see Spencer among the crowd—not in the pushing masses but off to the side.  He's dressed in a suit, clearly just coming from work. Our eyes meet and I frown.  The band moves on ahead and I hurry to follow them toward the stage disregarding his pleas for my attention.  We climb up and I pick up my guitar, briefly checking to make sure it's still in tune.  I sigh in relief that it's good.  I tap my mic and it's live.  Everything is ready. 
I glance to the leadership—Pastors Wendell Green and Taylor Lyons.  They welcome everyone and start to pray over the event.  I briefly play the introduction very softly to one of our songs as not to distract from their words.  As soon as they're finished, I stop, pause and nod to the ukulele player and keyboardist.  They begin. 

'Revival's In The Air'—Bethel Music & Melissa Helser

And a hush falls over the crowd as the two start us off. After the intro, I join in with the vocals of the first verse—with so many cheers as I begin that I try not to laugh in surprise—then the first chorus. A few instruments add in softly—the electric guitar and bass with some quiet vocals joining me at the chorus. More instruments jump in at the turnaround—the drums, violin, and I start up on the acoustic. I sing the second verse and chorus. By the next turnaround, we've grown in volume. I realize the audience is clapping with the drums and some are even dancing around singing along. We move onto the first bridge and I can feel the excitement growing. The violin takes over the lead when we repeat the turnaround once more and I love how many artists are featured in this song. It's so incredibly beautiful.  We continue on with the song—it is an extensively long one but it's one that gets everyone's attention and draws them in to the atmosphere we're intending here.  We perform the bridge again, then the tag before moving onto an instrumental section, another turnaround, the chorus once more and finally the ending. 
The applause and cheering is surreal.  We move onto the next song keeping that momentum going.  I start us out on the acoustic. 

'My Testimony'—Elevation Worship

As I play, the crowd is exceedingly enthusiastic.  We keep the energy going as the rest of the worship team joins in.  I begin the lyrics and many are singing with me besides those on the stage.  I'm aware of a few monitors set up with the words to join us.  I notice the cameras and it had completely slipped my mind that they were recording this.  Simon mentioned that we're receiving revenue already from the concert with Joel and Luke but also from the views of my music video.  I find that unbelievable.  We continue on with the song and it's such a freeing, powerful one—fasted paced and fun. 
We move onto This is Amazing Grace and I'm so glad I chose this one.  Next is Know You Will by Hillsong United.  I glance up to Jai and he's standing at the glass by the front of the box.  I can't even recall if I ever told him my playlist but he's smiling.  He heard our practice, though, so no surprises there.  He waves to me and I smile back. 
After that one, we move onto the slower paced songs—which are the majority of them.  I sing Holy Spirit by Francesca Battistelli and I always find this one so moving.  Next is Amazing Grace—a classic for those who aren't accustomed to the concert kind of vibe.  It's primarily a cappella in the beginning but we do add a few quiet instrumental as backup eventually.  It's beautiful and moving as always.  The audience joining in is incredible—the sound of every voice singing is a moving experience.