Chapter 3-Meg

Meg

I shower for work and then softly knock on Jai's door.  I wait a moment with no response.  I step in to see him sound asleep.  I almost hate having to wake him but I'll have to be to work shortly.  I step in and crouch down beside the bed.  I still can't believe he's here.  I touch his cheek gently.  He sighs and reaches out for me. 
"Good morning, love," he smiles. 
I reply the same. 
"I have to go to work soon," I frown. 
"Alright.  I'm up," he says rising. 
"You really could stay here and sleep," I tell him.
"Nah, I'd rather be with you," he insists. 
He pulls me closer and I can't help but giggle giddily at the affection.  He nuzzles closely to me and I wrap my arms around him.  He kisses me a few times. 
"How much time do we have?" he asks. 
"I have to leave in an hour," I explain. 
He kisses me a few more times before releasing me to shower. 
I go downstairs to make us breakfast to see that my mom already has. 
"Thank you," I say softly. 
"You're welcome, sweetheart," she grins. She kisses my head before heading out to visit Popi.
I smile as she leaves. I start on my mushroom, Brie, and pancetta croissant. It's so delicious. Jai joins me a few minutes later.
"You made this that fast?" he asks disbelievingly as he sits beside me.
I shake my head. "My mom did," I tell him.
He smiles and leans closer kissing me. It's unbelievable how the dynamic of our relationship has changed so much, yet not. He yanks my seat closer to his and wraps an arm around me as he eats. I lean up against him and couldn't be more content.
"What do you want to do about the weekend?" I ask him since he's more awake than last night. I don't think he wants to drive to Chicago on his birthday.
"We could leave early. You said you teach a class tomorrow?" he questions.
I nod. "We could drive out tomorrow afternoon," I suggest.
"Alright. I'll make a booking for us," he says.
"I... I don't think we ought to share a room," I say hesitantly.
"That's fine," he shrugs. "I'll just extend your booking and get the room next door."
I grin in response.
"What class are you teaching tomorrow?" he questions.
"Ballet," I smile.
"Can I watch?" he asks.
"Sure. It's an introductory class for little girls. It'll actually be the last class but I've only taught them twice before," I explain.
"What age?" he asks and I can feel his smile against my cheek as he whispers the question into my ear.
"Two to four," I say.
"That's adorable," he comments. "They can actually dance at that age?"
"Just basic, simple moves," I explain.
"Maybe you could teach me," he says as he kisses my cheek. I feel his lips trailing across my skin before there's another peck.
"What did you struggle with?" I ask.
He backs up a little and laughs, "I was like a bull in a china shop."
"The movements or the speed?" I inquire.
"Both," he shrugs finishing his breakfast. I take my last bite.
"If you're up to it, I could see if I could do a private class with you afterward," I offer.
"You seriously think you could teach me?" he asks disbelievingly.
"We could pinpoint your problems and work on it. I'm not impatient and demanding like those ballet schools. I work on people's strengths and try to make it fun," I tell him.
"Maybe I'll join your class today, too," he says.
I wait for him to pack a bag and we're off. We arrive a bit early and he signs up to join the last class today as I clock in. William assists him with everything and then Jai mentions about a private class with me tomorrow. William smiles and writes him in telling me that he'll handle the desk for me tomorrow then. I thank him and we're off to the locker rooms. I drop off my things and lock them up. I go to the storage room and get out mats. Jai peeks his head in and assists me.
"Thanks," I smile.
"No worries," he replies.
We drop off the supplies and go back for some weights.
"Do you think you'd use some?" I ask him.
"What type of exercise is this again?" he asks me.
"Kind of like a low impact aerobic dance..." I shrug.
"Maybe I should stay in the back," he suggests.
"Why's that?" I question.
"I'm not much of a dancer," he admits softly.
"That's okay. This isn't much of a dance. It's like walking in place, kicking, punching... things like that," I explain. "There are some older ladies so it won't be too complicated. I try to make it fun and doable for the whole class—not too hard, not too easy but a good workout."
He nods. "So... this is your last week, though?" he questions.
"There will be a couple weeks between the classes so it worked out kind of perfectly for me. I honestly haven't decided what I'm going to do. They've asked if I'll come back. I may be able to teach the classes part-time or even possibly full-time but I'm not sure if I'll have the time, you know? I honestly don't know what to expect in Chicago. I guess we'll play it by ear," I shrug.
He smiles and leans in for a kiss.
"I'm sorry, I can't while I'm on the clock," I whisper.
"That's okay, love," he says softly.
"It's that, I just reread the policies..." I say trailing off.
"The moment you swipe out, I'll be waiting," he grins.
I smile gratefully, relieved.
We drop off the weights and he helps me to set them out. More people have been using them lately so I grab some, too. We each get a mat and set them out. He places his in the back and I unroll mine in the front. The ladies start to trickle in and a couple young ones come up to me—Rita and Donna.
"Who's the new guy?" Rita asks. She's always making friends—so bubbly and energetic.
"That's my boyfriend," I admit softly.
"Lucky you," Donna replies. "He looks familiar..."
"He's an actor," I explain gently.
"I know who he is," Rita says excitedly. "That's Jai Courtney—Captain Boomerang, right?"
I nod. "Why don't I introduce you two?" I suggest.
"Really?" they both ask at the same time.
"Sure, he won't mind. He might be a bit jet lagged, though. He just arrived last night," I say.
I take them over and introduce them to him. They get the autographs and pictures with him like everyone else before but they tell him how good of an instructor I am when he says it's his first class like this. He looks to me proudly, especially when they say they've been trying places all over town. I smile happily at that. More people come in and I greet them. Some notice Jai but don't ask any questions. They all get ready with their mats. I think everyone has arrived now so I shut the door so Jai won't feel awkward with people passing by.
I start up with a simple walk in place to a moderately paced beat. I see him actually smiling in the back and joining in. After everyone has the pace down, we move a few steps and the ladies start clapping to the beat. We slowly start adding light kicks and knee raises in, some arms, side steps. Then we pick up the pace.  Everyone is laughing and smiling. Jai looks to be having a good time, too. We do the same moves over, then we pick up our weights and practice punching. Some in the class don't use the weights and that's fine—we're all at different levels. By the end of it, I'm sweating and ready for the cool down. As I lead the room, I realize some of the more overweight ladies look to have lost a few pounds in the last weeks. I smile, grateful that I may have helped them with that. After the cool down, we stretch and I release everyone, thanking them for joining my class.
A few actually come up to me and ask if I'll be teaching again. I tell them I'm not sure.
"What are you doing then?" Donna asks.
"Well, I have an art show in Chicago next week. I guess I'll see how it goes. This is a first for me," I shrug.
"That's wonderful," Rita says. "My husband and I will be in town for the parade. Which gallery will you be at?"
I tell her but explain that it won't be open until Friday. I give her one of my business cards I set aside in my bag. She thanks me and smiles as she leaves.
"Do I get one of those?" Jai asks motioning to my repurposed antique cigarette case that I use as a business card holder. I found it at a garage sale years ago and always thought it was pretty.
"Sure," I smile giving him one.
"These are nice," he comments. "Fashion design?" he questions grinning.
"I told you I was sewing," I laugh.
"Is it done?" he asks excitedly.
"Like a third of my book is done," I admit. "They're hanging in the craft room closet."
"Do I get to see them?" he questions.
"Of course," I smile.