Chapter 128-Meg

The ladies and gentlemen separate once more today.  The guys weren't curious about going to the art museum.  But the ladies were extremely interested—especially since there's a special exhibit on Native American art.  We enjoy an unusually long, relaxing breakfast at home before we head off to the museum as it opens.  We begin at the new, distinctive exhibit and I can't help but smile at how beautiful it is.  There are various types of pottery, pieces of carved wood, tanned leather panels stitched together, as well as textiles.  There are areas with paintings on the aforementioned but there's also clothing and freestanding structures.  It's rather intriguing. 
Karen and Em speak to me about the differences and similarities between this art and their native aboriginal art and culture.  I recall seeing some recently with Jai and it was beautiful.  They explain that rock art was very common with paintings consisting of dots arranged into a pattern or a drawing of a scene.  I smile and discuss what's in front of us.  Em tells me she's really drawn to the costumes.  I smile at that.  She seems to be particularly fond of the beadwork and I'm thinking she really likes the dress my mom made. 
We come across an area of the exhibit with a few totem poles erected.  They're beautiful in appearance and I admire the skill and craftsmanship of each. 
We move onto the rest of the more traditional exhibits at the museum—the unchanging ones.  I enjoy my time with the ladies showing them around and introducing them to some of my favorites here. 
"You have some paintings in this style, don't you?" Karen asks me. 
"I do," I nod smiling.  "Did Jai show you?"
"He did," she grins. 
I beam at that.  He really does love showing off my work.  Karen asks when my next art show is.  I tell her the date—soon after our honeymoon and around the time of the reception. 
We make our way around the entire museum.  Everyone is all smiles.  So am I.  I feel like I'm growing so much closer to my future family and newer friends. 
We head out for lunch downtown at a newer cafe.  I order a chicken pesto panini and smoothie.  Everyone else gets a variety of sandwiches, wraps, salads, coffee, or tea.  The food here looks delicious and if it tastes as good as it smells, I'll be back in the future. 
We sit down together and chat.  I'm having a great time with everyone laughing and joking, telling stories.  My meal is fantastic.  Em and Dar are looking forward to the spa experience in Jamaica.  I'm not as convinced but I promised my mom I'd go.  I've never really been to one except for once and I'm not sure if that'd even count.  Spencer gave me a gift card for a massage at some ritzy place.  I'm sure his intentions were good—he thought I'd enjoy it.  I went grudgingly because he kept asking me about it and even set up the appointment.  The whole experience was uncomfortable but I got dressed in the robe provided and came into the room with a private table.  I sat there in discomfort for a while but when the staff entered the room, I sort of panicked.  It turns out the masseuse was male.  When I found that out, I just turned around and went back to the dressing room.  I wasn't comfortable with that and left.  I set the card down on the counter to pay for it since it was by appointment only and they charge for cancellations.  I'm hoping this experience is better but in all honesty, I don't want any other man besides Jai to touch me in such a way.  I also don't think my mom would allow something like that to happen. But I do feel more outspoken now, so if something takes me out of my comfort zone, I'll just voice my concerns.
We finish up lunch and I have to part from everyone to practice. As I leave, I notice the restaurant was packed which I find surprising for a Thursday a little later in the afternoon than lunch. I step outside and reach for my sunglasses but realize I'm already wearing them. I chuckle silently to myself feeling a little like Jai. But I walk the couple blocks to my SUV. I get in and start the ignition. I'm about to put my vehicle into drive to go to the parking lot near the stadium when I get an incoming call. It's Simon. I swipe to answer it.

"Hey, I'm on my way. What's going on?"

"Oh, good. You're not here yet. Could you park right in front of the entrance? There may be a situation."