CHAPTER FORTY - EXTRA CARING

Natasha POV

Urg! That's exactly how I always reacted when Malik tried to do something for me.

After one week of bed rest because of the incident. I want to do something but not with someone who is constantly following me everywhere like literally anywhere and everywhere.

Before I only had Nana who helped me or served me which I really hated. That's why I keep telling Nana to stop doing something unnecessary for me. Like helping me to bathe or helping me change my clothes which I find very absorbable. I have two hands ok? I can perfectly work just fine with it.

But ever since the incident he has given me additional two maids to help me. And I have five bodyguards, yes! Not just one but five bodyguards. I can't even handle one? Much more five?

That's why I am here in his office arguing with him to lessen my guards and maids. I can do something without the help of a maid or servant.

My mom will kill me if she sees me having plenty of maids to do work for me. She will nag me non stop not to be this and that. Which I find very right. I don't mind having a housekeeper to help in the house but to the extent that someone will accompany me even inside my own bathroom?

Imagine my shock when he said that someone will comb my hair, brush my fingers and toes, do my makeup, etc. I told him no, but he kept insisting and said I am the future queen. I should get used to this kind of treatment.

I told him no many times but he still keeps pushing it to me.

"Love, come on, just let someone do those things to you. I don't want you to get tired!" He said and I snorted at him.

"Tired? How am I supposed to get tired? You made those poor maids do all the work for me? I mean I can do my personal stuff, you know. I don't need them to assist me!" I said, sitting down on my bed, pouting at him.

"Love, I told you it's a no! You are pregnant, you need to stay away from danger!"

"Danger? Am I in danger in my own room now?"

"Of course, who knows what will happen if you walk on your own, or bath on your own? I just want to ensure your safety. Aside from that you need to take a rest from all the stress and pain after what happened!" He said while looking at me.

He is currently sitting opposite of me on my bed. Well he actually spends all of his time here in my room. I am well aware that I am the center of gossip in the palace after what happened then now I am pregnant with their king's child.

"It's enough that I have spent one week recovering from that. Please, I know this is how your country works but I can't do this. My family teaches me to be independent though I can't cook for goodness sake but other than that I would like to do things on my own Malik!" I said to him,

"Love, you need to get used to these things. You are my queen. It's my job to take care of you, so please just let me do it. I can't help you personally in everything but let my people do it on behalf of me. I love you so much and I don't want you to get tired or get in an accident in no time. You are pregnant. I need you to be taking care of me while I am busy doiy my responsibility as a king!" He then held my hand and intertwined our hands together.

"But...!"

"No buts please? How about let's talk about what will be the name of our baby?" He said to me and I smiled.

"Let's call him, Conrad, how about that love?" He said with a delightful voice.

"Hahahaha.. you seem to be very excited. Should I remind you I am the one who is pregnant, not you?" I said jokingly to him.

"Love, we are pregnant! That's why I am taking care of you!"

"Fine , let's name him Conrad. Wait a minute? How sure are you that the baby will be a boy?"

"Hahahaha because it runs on the family. My father and mother's family seems to produce male species than female!"

"Goodness! Are you sure? Anyway, boy or girl it doesn't matter!" I said to him,

"Hahaha... but personally speaking of my love, I want our first child to be a girl. And I want her to look like you!"

"Huh? But I preferred your genes though!" I said, frowning at him.

"Nah, I love your porcelain skin and your flowy blonde hair that seems to bounce beautifully when you walk!" He said and I blushed. I didn't know I had that kind of effect.

"Porcelain skin? Blonde? I don't think that's a good idea. Hahahaha... imagine the next heir to the throne will look like a western. Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Yeah! It's actually really good! It would be nice since it's the first time that will happen. I would definitely love it to happen. A blonde King? Hahahaha.. I don't mind my love, as long as you're the mother of my children!" I said as he held me close to him. I turned to him and put my head on his chest. He smiled at me when I looked at him.

"You are one cheesy king!" I said as I deep down on his chest making him all chuckle at my reaction.

"I don't mind being cheesy. For you I will!" He said and held my chin then put a kiss on my lips. He stopped for a moment and his head rested on my forehead. " I never had a chance to say thank you for our coming baby. I am so happy, my love! You don't know how much it made me happy. The fact that you are in my arms with my baby on your womb. I have never been this happy in my entire existence!" He said and I don't know if it's the effects of the pregnancy but I swear I never felt this giddy feeling at all.

"Just shut up and kiss me!" I said bravely. Maybe it's the pregnancy or not but I can't stop myself from loving this man.