CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE - KIDNAPPED 1

Natasha POV

I was currently sitting comfortably inside of one of the cafes while I slurped with ice cream happily. I decided to stroll again in the city while thinking of what to do.

Though, Malik didn't quite agree with me wandering around the city for now. He said that it might not be good since I am still hot because of the incident.

But of course I always do what I want to do since I really want to be out from the palace walls for a moment. I just think I needed space to think for a while. He did agree on later after I pursued him but he said I need to take guards with me which I think quite bothersome. It's not like I am some kind of royalty anyway. But I accepted his condition to avoid further fighting.

But rather than just thinking I also unwind myself, shopping and eating food I am craving for. Although I find the city very beautiful, it's just that the weather is so hot that you really badly need an extra cold drink. So yeah the reason why I am happily munching my ice cream now.

As I am busy slurping my ice cream, I am thinking of what will happen next.

Of course, what happened that day affected the situation we are in. I know Malik has been trying to convince them, especially the council, to approve the both of us. They said that I am too modern and liberal just to be a queen. In short I am not fit to be his wife or queen of the country.

I know I am not but I am not asking to be you know. It's not my fault that this stupid heart of mine fell in love with that guy no matter how hard I tried to avoid him in the past. He said that he keeps a tab about me and really likes to be close to me but I am too damn close to him. If only he knew how much I restrained myself but in the end I still fell for him inevitably.

But after the incident, some people changed their views on me. Especially from the servants quarter. I didn't expect them to thank me but I was beyond shocked when I saw them fall in line outside my room that morning after the incident.

I told them that it's ok and it's only natural that I will defend Nana. But they said it's the first time that someone bravely stood up to the royalty and defended someone like that who's only servant. I feel pity actually. Those people don't deserve that kind of treatment. They need to be treated equally with respect too.

I myself am not a fan of treating people depending on their social status. As I said I am being brought up by my family who always constantly reminds me to always respect anyone but not depend on their social status.

They said that people from outside the palace knew about it. It's really true that news has its own wings. LOL! They said half of the people like me and some are still hesitant. I am ok with it though I didn't defend Nana for the sake of getting the favor of the citizens.

I believe that if they will accept me, then they accept me for who I am, not because of what I did to defend others. I don't want to force them. I told Malik to give his people some time and adjust that their king has a western girlfriend.

I left the cafe and I went from the other shop. It looked so inviting so I decided to go there. But when I was about to enter I was being pulled harshly, making me squirm and trying to break free from the one who held me. But before I could pull myself and look at the person's face. Someone put a handkerchief on my face and I can feel my eyes dropping and I lost my consciousness after that.

I heard a loud sound from my surroundings and I automatically shook up. The memories flashes on my mind and what happened back there. I can feel my hands and feets being tied and they put something on my mouth so I can't scream. I can't even see because I am blindfolded.

It's infuriating and at the same time I am afraid. Who are these people? Why did they kidnap me? I wiggle myself and try to move but a hand stops me from moving.

"Don't you dare move!" Said an unknown voice and I feel that he's in front of me.

" Hmmmmssksk!" Of course I didn't listen. I don't care if they kill me.

"You are really hard headed just like what they said!" He said and I frowned.

I heard him step closer to me and I felt a hand that grasped the side of my blindfold and he briskly tore it harshly from eyes , making me winched in pain as I could feel the sting sensation brought by the piece of cloth that touched the side skin of my eyes.

I closed my eyes tightly as I could feel the sting from the sudden exposure from the light. Then I opened again and I focused my attention on the guy who's bending his knees to my eye level. He smiled at me maliciously and I felt my heart leap for a moment.

When his eyes travel down to the exposed skin of my legs I can feel my blood rushing.

"You are really pretty! I will be enjoying every part of you. The king sure knows what to pick huh? Who has thought that I can taste the girl he loves. Silly right?" He said while laughing evilly.

After that he harshly pulled me up and I strongly made eye to eye on him. I don't want him to think that I am scared of him.

"Feisty! Just what I want!" He said as he licked the side of my cheek. I glared at him and he laughed. "Let's see if the king can still recognize you after I am done with you!" He then grabbed hands and pulled me then pushed me harshly making me land on bed.