CHAPTER EIGHT- SECRET

Malik POV

I massage the side of my head as I can feel the burning pain that slowly creeps in. I wish I could relax a bit but being the only one son of the king is not a big joke.

First my father decided to step down from his throne. Meaning, many months from now I will be the next king of my country.

Actually, I don't have a wish to be, it's just that it's my faith that binds me to this throne so I don't have any choice but to accept it.

Anyway I don't want to hand the throne to my uncle since I know how greedy they are when it comes to power, not to mention my step mother.

My mom left me when I was young. I didn't have plenty of memories of her as I can't vaguely remember her. But my nanny, who has been with me till now, said that my mom is the best mom in the world.

I wish I was able to see her.

After two years my mom passed away, my father married one of his concubines.

I hate to say this but I don't like the way my father does his life. He has so many concubines. If I have to marry someday I won't ever follow in his footsteps.

I will love only one woman. Anyway I don't have to remind myself of that ever since the first time I led my eyes on a certain blonde girl. I know just from the first sight of her she's the one for me. That someday I am gonna kneel down for her. It's a promise to myself that she will be mine in time.

"Your majesty, your father, ask for your presence in his office!" Omar said to me, making me groan in annoyance. For sure his mistress asked him to do that.

Marina, his current wife, keeps telling my dad that I need to get married soon since my father is going to step down. A king should have a queen on his side to fulfil the responsibility for the country.

And I hate to say this but that woman wants me to marry her brother's daughter Mina.

Mina is a beautiful girl. I have no doubt about that. Many people say that we are both suitable for each other and she can be a good wife to me. But I beg to disagree. I can never marry someone just for the reason for the throne. As I said, if I have to marry someday it will be because of love.

I know I can never bring myself to love Mina. She's been very vocal about her feelings for me but I keep telling her that I cannot accept nor agree to that agreement.

So that brings me to my present problem.

This morning my father and my step mother kept bothering me about when I will be ready to get married. And said that I need to end things between me and the Western girl that I am infatuated with.

Yeah they dare to call my feelings for her infatuation only.

So I told them that I cannot marry that girl they betrothed to me. That I already have a girlfriend and certainly my feelings for her is not just mere infatuation only.

My father got angry and shouted at me to end things between me in an instant. So out of anger I blurted out that I already proposed to her. And we are already engaged. We have not exposed it to the media yet because we want privacy for ourselves and we want each side of the family to know first.

"Omar tells my father that I am already in the middle of my peaceful slumber. Maybe tomorrow I will meet him in his office!" I answered him as he kept waiting for my response.

"Ok I will relay it to the King!"

"Thank you! I will take my shower now and I'll be heading to bed. I want to take a rest!" I said to him,

"Do you want me to run you a bath your majesty? I will prepare things for you!"

"I have told you many times that I don't want anyone or even you to help me bathe. I prefer that room to be private only for me!"

"Yeah but I don't understand why you don't let the maids clean it for you. It's the job for the maid to clean it. You don't need to do it!"

"No! I said I want it exclusively only for me. I don't need others to clean my bathroom. I am fine cleaning it on my own!" I answered him.

"I am saying this as a friend, your majesty, not as your assistant. Do you have something there that you don't want anyone to see?" He asked me, taking me off guard.

"Nope!" I said. But the corner of my lips curl as I know I told him lies.

I went inside my bathroom. My bathroom is big and spacious. It has a shower room and a big bathtub suited for royalty. I slipped off my clothes and began to submerge myself in the bathtub.

I glanced at the wall on my right side. Please don't judge me. The reason why I don't let anyone enter my bathroom is because I have a picture of Natasha inside.

I put it in a big frame. It's a photo of her where she wears skinny blue jeans that fit her long legs and she wore white crop top shirt. It's her picture of her jeans ads. She looked so cute and sexy at the same time that I wanted to always look at her.

I did not put it in my room so that many would see it. I mean I don't want anyone to know that I've been obsessed with this girl ever since the first time I saw her.

So that's why don't judge me. I am not some kind of pervert but for that girl I really don't know. She's the only girl that makes me feel this way. No matter how much Omar told me that she's not suitable for me. Hell I care, she's my only love and forever will be. If I can't be with her then it's better to be alone by myself than being with someone I don't love. Right?