Chapter 42 | Family Meeting

Começar do início

'Also, is he going to keep staying in that small room at the royal guard palace ?' Daiyu asked this time concerned and worried. 

'Mum, stop it.' Huang Dewei whispered to his parents to stop. He was getting ashamed by their words and demands. They were only making things hard for him in front of others since he knew nobody in the palace liked him or even wanted him to become part of the royal family.  They will only laugh behind their back about him even more now. 

'No, it's fine. It is good that they are asking what concerns them just like any other parent.' Wang Lei said as he stopped Huang Dewei not to worry about their question as he was there to answer them. Huang Dewei sighed as he looked away.

'Thank you, your Majesty.' Daiyu said gratefully. 

'And the answer to your question is that his section to stay is getting prepared. He will get his own residence just like any other concubine. He will get what all the other concubines got. Including all the luxurious facilities and money.' Wang Lei replied to calm his parent down who looked happy with the news. Wang Lei felt relaxed and relieved. He wanted his parents to be happy so they will give Huang Dewei away to Wang Lei with a satisfied and content heart. He wanted to give them whatever they wanted in exchange they won't cause any trouble for Huang Dewei.

'Good to hear. I know you are Emperor and there is no denying your order but as a father, I am worried and wanted to secure my son's future since he can't even provide you with children.'Chyou said and Wang Lei just nodded his head when Huang Dewei heard his father.

'Also on behalf of being his father, I wanted to ask something else too?' This time Qianfan spoke up and Huang Dewei felt very tense. He was under stress about what his parents were about to ask and how others might make fun of them. It was all new to them so they had no idea how ruthless these palace people could be. It was not all fantasy inside the palace...Only if they were aware of it. 

'Yes, you can ask.'Wang Lei said as he gave his permission.

'Since we are becoming family. I have a request.' Qianfan said

'They literally going to keep asking...beggars.' Wang Wei commented and they all felt hurt by his comment; Wang Lei also dislike his father's comments in the middle.

'Please say your request...I am listening.' Wang Lei said softly as he looked back at his parents.

'He has a cousin brother who is jobless. I ask him to talk to you to provide him with a job in the palace since all the families of your wife and concubine work in the palace through connection so why not his? If possible please provide him with a job.' Qianfan asked as he put forward his request and Huang Dewei felt shamefaced. He was praying for his father won't ask that, but he just did.

'Father, I told you not to ask that. What is wrong with you?'Huang Dewei whispered fuming with anger as he glared at his father. Wang Lei looked at his face turning red with anger and embarrassment and he knew how hurtful that was to his pride.

'No, it's fine. Send him over and I will give him a job in the palace.' Wang Lei quickly said to calm the situation down between them and Huang Dewei looked away as he angrily played with his robe.

'See there is nothing embarrassing about it.' Qianfan said as he was happy with Wang Lei's response and Huang Dewei said nothing. Wang Lei looked towards him who was looking down as angrily playing with his clothes to the point he would rip them. Wang Lei moved and got hold of his hand. Everyone present there saw this happening...Huang Dewei just kept looking down not daring to look up towards Wang Lei or others due to shame. Xin Ying and Chen Ju were jealous that he hold his hand softly which he never does with them while Chyou felt happy seeing that the person her brother going to be for the rest of his life was caring whereas Ai Cong admired him. He was making that cold heart Wang Lei do things which he never had done before for anyone. He was a brave man.

'Slaves...these poor slaves always want something...now they want all money and equal statue-like other high-class people with education just because their son is a whore who spends his legs in front of you.' Wang Wei said bitterly as he insulted Huang Dewei and Huang Dewei irked took out his hand from his grip still looking down. Now his legs were moving anxiously while Wang Lei did not like the way he took out his hand but he knew he was one who had to endure his anger which would be caused by his father. Everyone else also saw that happening since their eyes were stuck on their holding hand and that was even more surprising knowing he was just a slave and he was an Emperor. He treated him badly without fearing the consequences. Even his wife would not dare to do it, but that action also shows how close they were in private.

'I already said to you and everyone that there is nothing between us. Is it hard to understand it?' Wang Lei replied first time to his father while Huang Dewei felt suffocated. He was going to spend all his life listening to these taunts as his concubine. Was he brave enough to tolerate that? Was he ready to accept that humiliating life? 

'Just accept it that he seduces you with his beauty. He can give you nothing except his body.' Wang Wei said sharply in the same bitterness while Chen Ju was enjoying his insults. She found pleasure in Huang Dewei's humiliation. 

'Stop it.' Wang Lei said as he looked at Huang Dewei who looked extremely sorrowful, downhearted and under pressure.

'And you stay within your limits. Just because your son becomes Emperor's concubine does not give you became equal like other respectful high statue people. He was salve and he always will be. He is  a whore and nothing else.' Wang Wei attacked his parents again and they all got embarrassed as Wang Lei had enough and he stood up

'Okay enough...I had enough of you people who keep calling him by this name...If I hear someone else call him by this name then watch I will do. Try and test me and I promise I won't disappoint you.'Wang Lei announced as he glared at his father while looking at others while giving them all warning as well and they all looked down. They all understood 'by this name' he meant was 'whore' and the fact he did not even call him by that name to warn others showed how much he respect  Huang Dewei and it was not just hurtful to Huang Dewei, but to Wang Lei as well when other calls Huang Dewei a whore.  Nobody said a word...They all understood his threat... They all wanted to live. 

'Good...if you have nothing good to say then say nothing.' Wang Lei said as he sat back down and talk to his parents again.

'Don't worry about it and if you ever need any help just let me know. You are also a part of this family now. Now you should go and rest. The ceremony of Huang Dewei's concubine will be taking place after seven days. You should go and prepare yourself. As for Huang dewei, he is going to start taking classes as well where he will learn how to behave and rules to live as my concubine. The classes will be starting tomorrow.' Wang Lei said as he announced his plans and they all nodded their head in yes

'Anybody got a question?' Wang Lei asked and nobody said a word

'Well, then you all may leave now.' Wang Lei said as he stood up and they all stood up as well and slowly get out of his chamber. Huang Dewei also bowed down and without sparing a gaze to him he walked out. Wang Lei wanted to stop him and talk to him, but he does not look like was in the mood. He was also angry with Wang Lei for accepting his father all requests. He knew Huang Dewei wanted nothing from him but so what if he gave what his father wants?  It was not a big deal to provide a job to his cousin's brother. But his pride was hurt and Wang Lei wanted to give him some time off to calm down and he will go and talk to him later in the evening.