81. Blissful Days

Start from the beginning

"Guess a short break wouldn't hurt." You said unsurely, scratching your cheek. Lily beamed, ushering you out.

"I'll look after the preparation. So please be at ease."

The door slammed in your face. You blinked before moving away. Rest would be nice, but the pending preparation was giving you nervous jittery. Rest was the last thing on your mind.

As you walked around the majestic garden, taking in the beautiful view. You couldn't believe nearly a decade has come to pass. The little girl who used to run around carelessly was now having her debutante. Athy had grown up and you couldn't be more proud of how beautifully she had bloomed. Beautiful just like her mother Diana

You sighed, your heart throbbing in nostalgia. Shaking it off, you peeked at the looming shadow of the Imperial palace before making your way there. Wondering if Claude's meeting with the snake bastard was over.

Your question was soon answered when you walked into the empty Throne room. The first thing you noticed was the stiff atmosphere and a very cranky Claude nonchalantly seated on the throne, his cheek supported by his palm resting on the armrest.

His silence felt unnerving as his sharp gaze watched you walk closer without moving an inch, looking not a bit surprised at your unannounced presence.

He was used to your random barge-in.

You sweat-dropped. Was he still upset about this morning? C'mon, if you hadn't slipped away from his hold, he would have continued to suck all energy from you for another 2 hours, maybe even more! You couldn't afford that since you needed energy to walk to handle the preparation of debutante for Athy.

Almost as if he could read your thoughts -- which you wouldn't be surprised if he did since he seem to guess your thoughts almost terrifyingly accurate over the years-- he narrowed his eyes.

Smiling innocently, you cleared your throat, bowing in mock reverence. "Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Sun."

Claude's eye twitched but he remained silent, his sulky gaze still burning holes into you. Your little cheeky trick to lighten the mood didn't seem to work

You internally groaned. Yep, he was still upset you slipped away from his grasp this morning.

No wonder he's so pouty...

When your little wave of hello didn't elicit any visible reaction from him, you walked right up to him and plopped on his lap. Instinctively his left arm coiled around your waist to pull flush against him and you smiled. No matter how much upset he was, he wouldn't let the chance to have you close slip away.

"Hello there!" You said sweetly, peering at him from under your lashes, "Why so glum on this fine day?"

He diverted his eyes away with a grumpy huff, his long slender fingers tapping on his chin as he gave you cold shoulder. You tried several times to meet his gaze but he kept turning away, looking in the exact opposite direction to avoid you.

Such a baby.

You stifled your laugh at his childishness, threading your fingers through his soft hair to gently massage his scalp, knowing he couldn't resist it. Like an overgrown cat, he sank into your soft touch through his hair before he caught himself, tensing up much to your glee, fighting his reflex to lean into your touch. Seeing his stubborn attitude, you tugged his hair to get his attention, "How long are you gonna be upset with me? I'm sorry."

He stubbornly remained silent.

Eyeing him with squinted eyes, you made a last-ditch attempt. "Fine. I'll go away then." You mumbled, peeking at him to see if he took the bait.