Sadiya was about to reply when she heard a commotion that seemed to be from the living room. Their parents are having one of their many fights, but this particular fight isn't like the others they had. Her Abi was about to hit her Ommi, when she -Sadiya- shouted, "No!"

Their attentions turned to her, she looked at her mother's tear stained face and red rimmed eyes. Her cheeks swollen. Like he.... slapped her!

That night, she vowed to protect her mother at all cost. She doesn't give a damn about the consequences. He beat the living day light out of the mother and daughter. But Omais, no one knew where he was at that moment.

Muhammad divorced Asiyah...

***

"Ommi please, don't leave me," Sadiya cried as she held her mother's frail hands.

"I'm sorry my baby, I won't be able to make it, I've.... ke..pt s-some mo-ney in m-my box... I'm s-sorry," those were her last words...

After the funeral and everything, she took the money and some of her clothes and mother's, with a determination, she would go to another city and start afresh.

As a doctor she is.

Sadiya Muhammad Yusuf left the old apartment with one vow, I will make my Ommi happy, but Muhammad Yusuf -you will regret doing this to us...

END OF FLASHBACK!

After reminiscing bad memories, she finally decided to call her P.I on how the investigation is going.

He picked on the second ring.

"Hello, Miss Yusuf," Mr. Tyler said as he picked up.

"Yes Mr. Tyler, Good Day. Any updates ?"
She asked straightforwardly.

"Well... yes Ma'am, I found something," she was so happy that she didn't know when she got down from the chair she was sitting on and performed Sujood Shukr [The Prostration of thanksgiving to Allah].

"Hello, hello, Miss Yusuf are you there ?" Mr. Tyler asked.

"Yes, yes, I'm there."

Then she adds, "what did you find ?"

He then told her that he found out her father, Alhaji Muhammad Yusuf is now retired from M & N Corporations, Ltd.

'That must be Muhammad and Nailah,' she thought.

He continued, "But now, Mr. Omais Muhammad Yusuf is the CEO of the company."

"Omais ? He had been with the monster all these years ?" She whispered.

He even told her that her father has been married to a Former Senator's daughter, Nailah Isma'il, and she bore him sons and a daughter.

Nur, the first son. Then Imran, the second son. And lastly, Saana, their only daughter.

"According to my report here, Ma'am, Alhaji Muhammad is searching for..." he's hesitant to say the rest.

"Searching for what, Tyler ? Tell me," she's getting impatient.

"He's searching for you and Hajia Asiyah, your mother," he finally said.

Sadiya stiffened when she heard her mother's name. "What ?"

Like how dare him ?!

After all he did to her and her Ommi.

"And why's that ?" She finally composed her posture.

"Am sorry but that's all I know for now, Miss Yusuf."

"Okay, thanks Tyler, but please keep searching."

"Of course Miss Yusuf, have a nice day," he hung up.

^-^

Phew! 😌

That was quite a long one.

I hope you loved it. So.... as promised, the FLASHBACK ended here.

Thanks for reading !

Pleaaassseee don't forget to type your comments📝 about the chapter in the comment section to motivate me🙏

Vote⭐
Like👍 &
Share to friends and family📱📲

Love♥
fateemah___

Assalam Alaikum🌹