_____

The team has arrived at Boise. Where the killing of Principal Givens took place. "I always wondered. Why do you have your own office?" Maya asks as she walks side by side with Derek. "Long story" Derek says before clearing his throat and looking away from Maya awkwardly.

"If you don't want to tell me that's fine" Maya declares as she narrows her eyes in his direction. "No, no. I just do a lot of paperwork" Derek answers and Maya tilts her head slightly. "We all do" Maya says. "I do more and for the right reason" Derek says. Maya couldn't help but hear the demanding tone in his voice. So, she just decided to back off.

The team learns from Garcia that Randy Slade had a younger brother, Brandon Slade. He was 7 when the event happened so he wasn't much help to the police. But as of now, Brandon is a senior at the same high school where the tragic event happened.

"Well, it looks like we're not the only ones interested in Brandon" Derek says as the team arrives at Brandon Slade's home to find the press swarming the home of the infamous killer's younger brother. "Ugh, I really don't need to push a reporter out of the way today" Maya mumbles as she unbuckles her seat belt as Hotch parks the SUV.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. I'm SSA David Rossi of the FBI. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask them now" Rossi states as he stands in-front of the reporters. Maya and Emily move past the crowd and walk up to the front porch and ring the doorbell. The door creaks open and Ms. Slade opens the door slightly.

"I'm Emily Prentiss with the FBI. This is Maya Regan-" Emily tries to introduce but Ms. Slade isn't in the mood to talk. "Go through my lawyer" She demands and Maya sighs. "We can do that, but we'll just be back later to bother you. So, you can either let us in now or we'll just be back in 20 minutes" Maya states as she looks back at the crowd that stands on her front lawn.

"What do you want?" Martha Slade asks annoyingly. "To catch the man who killed Principal Givens'" Emily answers. "Then go catch him but it wasn't my son" Martha argues and Maya tilts her head to the side while looking to Martha through the screen door.

"We don't think it is. Let us in and we can prove that for you and the rest of the world" Maya states, trying to negotiate with Ms. Slade.

After a few moments, Ms. Slade opens the door but only if Rossi was able to interview Brandon since he befriended the kid a while back. Now, Rossi questions the high school senior to see if he was involved in the recent murder. "I already told the police, I was watching movies on my computer," Brandon says. It soon becomes clear that Brandon found a "kill list" that his brother once made.

Maya takes the last set of books of Brandon's bookshelf and looks through them not finding any trace of a kill list. "It's clean" Maya says as Emily searches through the empty bookshelf for some sort of hiding spot but find nothing. "Empty" Emily answers as she cleans off the dust from her surgical gloves.

"I love dating readers, hate profiling them" Emily voices making Maya furrow her eyes brows in confusion while Derek also searches a part of the room. "Readers always make their dating life about the things they read. It's exhausting trying to live up to those expectations" Maya states making Emily chuckle softly at her statement.

"You don't like the chase?" Emily asks as she looks to Derek who eyes Maya, waiting for her answer. "I don't chase. If I want you, I'll get you" Maya states as she starts to sort through the books. Emily looks to Derek who smirks slightly at Mayas answer. His expression brings a smile on Emily's face as she feels she figured Morgan out.