2. Stalker (Lizzie's POV)

2. Stalker

Lizzie's POV

I'd been freaking out all day about this stalker thing.

Some guy named Emmett had thought it was funny to pull a prank on the new girl. Say he was stalking her. Whoever they were, they were a nutcase.

It was bad enough I'd just moved cross country. Big city Washington to tiny town in New Hampshire. But to be picked on, on my second day? Was that really fair?

What had I done? Ruined the atmosphere in here? I was just a pathetic wallflower to these kids. A new sophomore? Leave her alone. A new senior? Make her prom queen.

I was praying for the three o'clock bell to buzz. Then it would be time for me to leave and get away from these people. They all clearly hated me.

I wanted so desperately to go home. Pretend moving here was a dream. I wish I were back in my bedroom, in Washington, doing homework while talking to Kate and Sara.

This was a nightmare.

I kept looking over my back. I vaguely listened to my ELA teacher droning on and on about some essay that was due next week. I was too worried that the stalker was in the same class as me.

I pretended to scribble down notes, but my mind was thousands of miles away. I nearly ran out of the classroom when the bell rang.

I remembered my locker was somewhere near the doors, so I headed that way. I looked down at my hand again. Scrawled there was my locker number, D359, and my combo, 18/09/00. I always had trouble with built in locks, but this was the worst. I hurriedly searched for the D 300's. I finally found them, starting by room 107. My locker was right next to room 101. That was easier to remember.

I quickly jammed in the combo, shoved it open, and started stuffing my bag. As I pushed my reddish hair behind my ear, I saw out of the corner of my eye a pair of bright pink clogs. I looked up.

Standing next to me was a girl, maybe my age or a junior. She had pretty long brown hair, dark eyes, and pale skin. She was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. Until I saw the girl next to her. She had the same hair, though it wasn't as curly, and the same brown eyes. She was paler, but she looked so much more beautiful, aside from the dark circles beneath her eyes.

I could barely tear my eyes away from them.

But then I hurriedly zipped up my bag and practically sprinted away. Until one of the girls called, "Wait!"

I spun around.

The girl wearing the clogs was holding up a page of notes that must have fallen out of my locker.

I slowly walked back.

"Here. You were in such a rush to pack up that this fell out of your bag." She held it out with her pink floral covered arms.