8. Um, About My Blood...(Lizzie's POV)

8. Um, About my Blood...

(Lizzie's POV)

I realized then that I must gave been imagining things. There had to be some logical explanation for why my blood hadn't turned red.

"I'm sorry, Owen, I must be imagining reasons. There's probobly some logical explanation for my blood not showing up."

He just nodded. "Yeah, I'll have to look it up when I get home. It's just really odd." he muttered to himself.

Great. My stupid blood didn't want to make an sppearence and had just lost my second friend at this school.

I must be cursed.

"Bye." I mumbled said as the bell rang. I hastily snatched up my books and darted out the door to period two.

The minute I got there I quietly walked up to the teacher and asked if I could go to the nurse. "My, you are very pale, let me write you a pass."

Good thing she hadn't known me long enough to know that I was always unnaturaly pale. Another of my horrible traits.

I quietly said thank you and walked back out the door. I then ducked into the bathroom. I self conciusly turned on the hot water at the sink and let it run for a minute or two before I stuck my hand under it and rubbed the water across my forehead. I tried to ignore my burning hands, because I knew I needed a fever. I let my face get red and blotchy and made sure my forehead was very warm before I rubbed my ears with the water and rinsed my mouth with it.

They would let me go home in a state like this.

I then left in search of the nurse. I'd unknowingly memorized its location, so I easily walked around the building and into the back wing to get there.

I opened the door and the stink of bleach and sick hit me like a wave.

There was only one nurse on duty, a small pudgy lady with a green turtleneck and a stethescope around her neck. I quietly slammed the door shut, and she looked over at me, dropping her paperwork.

"Hi, let me take your temperature." She stuck one of those sticks under my toungue and told me to press down for the reading. I was right to rinse.

She pulled it out from underneath my toungue, ending the unpleasant experience. "Ooh, you're running a one-o-one. What's your name?" she asked me.

"Elizibeth Hudson."

"Let me call home and get someone to pick you up. Go lay in the back room." she said.

I walked intio the back of the office to wait for my mom. I expected the nurse would grill her when she got here, so I wasn't hat worried about her then. I was worried about her at home. Of course her first question would be, "Did you come home because you don't like your new school?"

I would quietly answer no and say that I truly felt ready to get sick.

That was the only way to keep her off my back.

While I stared at the clock, I kept thinking about what happened in science. Why did I have to have freak blood? I decided that I would look it up at home on my phone. My mom was a computer geek, but she'd never gotten me my own, which annoyed her a lot because I would constantly ask to go on hers when she was buisy.

I watched the second hand tick by. Click, click, click. Each click marked he passing of a second.

I heard the nurse dial up my mom, and I heard her muffled voice on the other end screaming at the nurse, who was trying to calm her. Thank goodness I couldn't hear the actual conversation.

That would have been worse.

I pulled a hairtie thingy off my wrist and swept back my red mop. No use in trying to look nice if I was trying to act sick.

It felt like forever before my mom got there, even though it was still only second period.

When she finnaly did get here, she loudly clunked up to the desk in her large heels and scribbled lots of stuff onto a small clipboard. My knees were starting to feel wobbolly as I stood up. My stomach was churning with sheer nervousness. It was better to let nature take its course.

I puked all over the back room floor just as my mom walked in.

"Sweetie, let's get you home." she told me.

I was in a daze. I guess puke settles you being sick. My mom dragged me by the arm and quickly apologised before dragging me out of the builidng right before the third period bell rang.

I got in the car and sat with my head between my knees the whole way home. My stomach was still churning.

At least that meant that mom would believe my sickness and maybe give me some space to look up this blood thing.

At home, she ushered me straight down onto the couch. She left to go work on her latest game, leaving me to seach on my phone.

I tapped in clear blood.

I clicked on a Yahoo answers forum about some girl who'd cut herself and was oozing clear liquid. But that came after the blood.

The best answer there was to visit a docter. I wasn't visiting a docter about this.

I was truly getting scared. I hid my phone and fell into a nightmare slew of dreams.

I falling into a massive pit, I was being operated on without any anestisia, someone was running at me with a knife, and I was being ripped to pieces by a vampire because I had no blood.

I woke up in a cold sweat and sat for a while letting tears run silently down my face.

I was horrified by those dreams. I had felt every torn muscle and every blow. It had hurt horribly.

I forced myself to close my eyes and stop crying, and drifted off into a dreamless and restless sleep.

It was just a dream, I thought. Just a dream.

***I thought I just had to add this in. Lizzie is not my character, she belongs to Stephanie Meyer. She appeared for about two or three pages of Breaking Dawn, in case you don't remember her. Again, all rights go to the fabulous Stephanie Meyer.