Chapter 38

Leo sat in his bedroom at Meredith's house. He had heard the coming and going of the others as they got ready for some sort of prom that was being held at the hospital for a cancer patient, Richards niece. Apparently some of the interns punishment was to help set up this prom, but they was just what he heard from others.

A few of the others who lived in the house had come to see if he was going to come but they only got silence as their answer. He was mad at them and they all were aware of that. He was mad at them for the choices they mad, he was mad at them for not getting a resident... And he was mad at them for bringing him back to the place.. the hospital.

He was avoiding the hospital, which is why he was still on leave. Something in his mind didn't want for him to go back to that place. Not after what happened.

There was a car beep outside that caught his attention before a ringing forced itself into the silence of the room. Leo glanced down at his phone curiously before be answered the call that was interrupting the silence.

"What do you want Blackwell?" 

"To ask you to go to prom with me."

"What?" Leo stood up and slowly moved towards the window of his room. Moving the curtains he was able to peak out and see the part of the road which Kase had parked his car at. 

"You told us to follow Dr. Bailey's orders and I guessed that meant you wanted us to follow Dr. Webber's as well and he said we all had to go." Kase said. He waved through his own car window for Leo to confirm it was him. The doctor didn't even need that though, he knew exactly what Kase's car looked like with no help.

"I'm not working, go away." Leo responded. The curtain fell back into place as he moved away from them. 

A small sigh came through from the other side.. Kase was disappointed. 

"Well, I'll be there so if you come and just want to talk you can find me." Kase spoke. "Its tonight.. maybe I'll see you later Leo."

Leo didn't respond as he listened to the call end. Car lights disappeared as Kase drove away leaving Leo at the silent house alone again.

"You're really trying to make him hate you." Arthur stated as he stood by Kase, who had made himself comfortable against a wall staring at the door, as he drank water he had gotten. "Breaking one of his few rules after having him mad at you already."

"Oh come on Arthur, it's about time he tells him." Jemma joined them by the side of the area where the others were. 

"That means he has to show up in the first place." Arthur reminded Jemma.

"Shut up, I'm not telling him anything." Kase snapped at them, his gaze never left the door. "There isn't even anything to tell him anyways."

Jemma smiled as she looked at her friend and fellow intern. "If that was true then you wouldn't be waiting for him to come right now."

Kase sighed, lowering his head to look at the ground. "He's not coming.. it doesn't matter anyways."

He was able to start to walk away when he felt a harsh hit to his arm. His head snapped towards Arthur who just smiled as he gestured towards the front door of the hospital. Both of the other interns watched their friends eyes widen as he looked at the person standing there in the best suit they could find in the boxes of their stuff at the last minute.

"He came.. Leo actually came." Kase's voice shook as he talked.

Jemma leaned forward. "It's fate Kase, go tell him." 

Kase smiled. "Okay.. okay I'm going to do it."

Jemma and Arthur stood back as they watched their friend start towards their resident. Neither of them spoke as they just smiled, happy with what could come from this.

"Hey Leo." Kase made it close enough to the other to speak and grab his attention. Leo spun to face him. 

"Hey." 

"I'm glad you could make it." Kase smiled at him only to get a small smile in return. He let out a small sigh before speaking again. "I just want to get this over with.. Leo I think I.."