Chapter 20

Julia was walking through her apartment that shared with her boyfriend. To be fair it was actually Leo's apartment that she moved into a few months ago and had been living there since despite the ups and downs the two had gone through. Well if you thought the amount of times they had gotten broken up as ups and downs.

"Leo." Julia sang as she walked through the apartment wearing one of the males shirts that she had gotten from the bedroom. She stopped walking as she entered the main area which held the living room and kitchen. Leo was still sleeping on the couch despite how much Julia tried to get him not to. She never understood why he did it. Something had happened between then but she didn't remember what but that was probably the reason why.. right?

"Leo?" Julia called out the residents name as she walked in and spotted a yellow sticky note on the table. She sighed as she walked over and picked up the sticky note to read what it said.

'Had to run to work. See you later'

Julia sighed. Why couldn't Leo just be here for once? That's all she wanted. But could she get what she wanted?

"Addison I hope you called me in for a good reason." Leo said as he pulled his white coat over his scrubs. The resident was not supposed to be in that day but got called in to be on standby for someone Addison was doing.

"There is a mother pregnant with quintuplets."

"Really? Why do you need me?" Leo asked.

"Three of them are surgical. I trust you Leo and want you on this case." Addison said. The two of them were walking down the hallway through the hospital.

"Well you have some of the best on your team already I'm sure. I'm not general-"

"I've asked the Chief already Leo." Addison said with a smile. The resident sighed. "Want to go meet the mom."

"Sure why not." Leo said.

The two doctors walked together and Leo followed Addison once they got to the correct floor. The resident know this part of the hospital as well as he knew the peds area since he had helped out here as well. They reached a door that was open and walked in and saw Izzie already in there with the patient.

"Mrs. Russell this is Dr. Sloan, he's one of our.."

"I've work in pediatrics, for now I will be working with Dr. Shepherd. We may have to work together in the future as well so it's best we get to know each other know." Leo said getting straight to the point. The resident knew exactly how to do that for cases that he believed it was necessary. This women would be meeting a lot of doctors and he did not want to take up too much time.

"Straight to the point. You find a good variety Dr. Shepherd." Mrs. Russell said.

"Sorry I know you are going to have to meet a lot of people. I wasn't trying to take up too much of your time." Leo said with a smile. "I'll be here if you need from me." Mrs. Russell looked over at Addison who just smiled at her. Leo looked between them. "I can see you both looking at each other and I am slightly scared."

"Don't be Dr. Sloan, you seem like a good doctor." Mrs. Russell said.

"You've only talked to me once." Leo responded.

"I can tell how you are with patients. I am glad you are here Dr. Sloan."

"I'm glad to be here too." Leo smiled. "I have to go check in with some other patients but I'll be back to check on you." The resident left the room to go and apparently start his day.