Chapter 10

Leo took a quick drink of the shot, some alcohol Leo didn't even bother to figure out the name of, before setting the glass down on the bar. He had dropped Julia off at the house before he decided to come to Joe's bar. He had not come here too many times in his career but he trusted it more than most other places to come drink at.

"Seems you aren't the only one from the hospital coming in tonight." Joe said making a little bit of small talk as he poured another drink for Leo. The resident turned to see the interns walking in to the bar. Meredith had been there for a little bit already but now George, Cristina, Kase, and Jemma were coming in.

"Yeah looks like it." Leo said. Joe walked out from behind the bar towards the door.

"All hail the champ! So, my guy Alex finally got what was coming to him."

"George knocked him down in one punch. You should've seen it." Cristina in a sort of braggy way.

"I don't want to talk about it!" George yelled.

"Brag, champ, brag. You've earned it." Joe said. Leo quickly drank what he had and proceeded to get another. For once, Leo did not remember that night.

"Joe you alright?" The bartender asked. Leo turned as Joe fell to the ground. Cristina and Meredith were the first to run over to check on him, Leo made it close by but stopped himself. Any other doctor in the building was nearby.

"Joe, lay back down." Leo said when the bar owner started to sit up after a moment of laying on the ground.

"You called the gurney patrol?" Joe exclaimed.

"Sit back and relax. We have to take you to the hospital to run some tests." Meredith said.

"Tests? I don't need tests. I'm fine!" Joe insisted.

"Dude! You collapsed! On the floor. This is you bar. You know how filthy this floor is." Cristina said. There was more talking which filled Leo's head. The resident shook his head trying to clear his thoughts. He watched Joe start to leave with George following, Leo decided to follow after getting out of this place. The doctors at the hospital could deal with this, Leo was actually going home.

"Anyone who bothers me in the next ten minutes is doing rectal exams needed for the day." Leo mumbled as he drank coffee. He had not bothered looking at who had come there he had just assumed that his interns were planning on bothering him right now for some sort of task for the day.

"I don't think you have that power." Leo's eyes widened as he recognized the voice which belonged to someone he had not talked to in a while.

"Addison." Leo said shocked.

"In the flesh." Addison said. Leo looked around expecting someone else to be there as well. "Your brothers not here."

"What are you doing here then?" Leo asked. Out of the side of his eye he noticed the three interns he expected earlier coming towards him.

"I am working with a patient, don't worry." Addison said.

"Why should I be worrying?"

"Dr. Sloan!" Jemma said with a semi cheery voice as she and the other three arrived.

"You have interns as well." Addison said with slight shock in her voice. Jemma smiled at the female she had not meet before. Addison's pink scrubs seemed to to stand out to the intern girl instantly

"You work in OB-GYN?" Jemma asked.

"Yeah, you interested?" Addison asked seeing Jemma's eyes light up at least just a little when she said yes. Jemma nodded in response. "Leo do you mind-"

"Go for it, Knight check on my patient in E208. Blackwell, you will be doing sutures in the pit." Leo said giving out the orders to his remaining interns. Addison looked at one of her old friends before she turned and started to walk away, Jemma quickly ran after Addison not wanting to miss her chance to work with the OB-GYN doctors.

Leo sighed as he sat down in his normal spot to get away from people. He was getting no pagers, all his patients were currently fine, and he was not needed right now. He took a sip of water from the water bottle he had. If Addison was here Mark is probably soon to follow and Leo was not ready to deal with that. Don't get him wrong, he use to have a fantastic relationship with Mark as well as Addison and Derek but after everything that happened, he didn't want to have a part in it at all.

~

"Leo-"

"You had sex with Addison?! What the hell is wrong with you Mark?" Leo yelled at the person on the other side of the phone. He paced through his apartment as he prepared for work. "That's Derek's wife. What were you thinking?"

"Leo can you please listen to me?" Mark asked

"No!" Leo yelled.

"Derek left!"

"Good for him! He shouldn't have to deal with you two!" Leo stopped walking. He took a shaky breath to calm himself down. "Don't call me again until you fix this." Leo hung up leaving his brother on the other side alone.

~

A beep brought Leo out of his thoughts. He looked down at his pager and saw a 911 page from someone. He quickly got up and ran towards the room the page was calling him to. This was how he lived his life. Answering pages, pretending his past life never happened... and saving people.