Someone that feels like home.

We finally reached the place where I had been so nervous to step into, it was as even fancier than I could have imagined, and the amount of cars that were gathering in the entrance, letting people show out their outfits as they got out of their expensive cars. Makes me wonder how many people are there.

As the limousine got closer, my nerves got even bigger than they were before, I have been trying to convince myself that everything is going to go right as the ride went on, but once I finally saw where I am going to spend most of my night, all of that courage went gone with the wind.

Now is the time when I have to act ruff and show people the strength and power that I supposedly have, and play pretend for the rest of the night for everyone's sake.

Yoru and Stefano were the first to get out of the limousine once it stopped in front of the building's door.

She looked impeccable, powerful and fearless, and so did Stefano who stood right beside her with a hand placed on her waist.

Shi and Zhavia went out next, it was noticiable that Shi and Yoru were dangerous siblings since they shared the same severe face expression, they both held power and knowledge that lots wanted to have but will probably never reach in their lives.

The Takahashi siblings are feared and respected by all, no one dares to put a finger on them and it is quite understandable. I wouldn't want to mess with someone who is able to kill me in only a few seconds either.

Akira got out next, making a small spin and showing her dress as she got out with a smirk on her face, showing that even if she didn't have a pair with her, she still held power on her own.

Now it was my turn to leave with Giovanni, from all of the anxiety building up inside of me I could hear my own heart beating on my ears, it is beating fast on my chest, almost if the only thing it wants it's to be ripped out and freed then run away to a place far away from this ball.

But unfortunately there is no way back now, as I carefully step out of the limousine and Giovanni leaves right beside me, holding my hand to keep me from stepping on my dress and falling.

There weren't many people outside anymore since all of them had already gotten inside once we were stepping out, there were still enough outside to make a show though, but I have a feeling that inside those doors there are going to be a bunch of people who will turn their attention to the door once we go in.

Having all those judgy eyes staring into my soul, trying to find my deepest secrets...

Giovanni bent slightly down and planted a kiss on my cheek, his kisses make things feel easier, as if life gets better just because he is right beside me. Vanni somehow manages to ease all of my worries only by planting a simple kiss on my cheek.

And action that is ordinary to some, but meaningful to others.

His thumb was now caressing my hand, with such care and love that it was hard to believe that behind the hard expression that was now planted on his face, there was a heartwarming smile that wasn't shown to many, but those who saw it knew the true beauty of it.

The ones who don't, are left with the heartless and emotionless Giovanni that so many tend to talk about, the merciless person that is shown to the world.

The one that is feared by not showing his true self. Probably because life taught him that way, that is something that I might get to understand later but for now, I have to survive through this night with the person that is known for killing with no remourse.

We walked to the stairs and met a guard that had a list on his hand. Once we told them our names, it was like his face got paler and his life was being taken away from him. Only by the simple mention of our first and last names.

Now it was time to go inside, once the man on the inside of the ball room announced our names and the huge white doors opened in front of us, we started to walk, the crown on my head being perfectly centered and my black dress matching Giovanni's suit.

As I expected all of their eyes were on us, everyone had colorful vestments while we were in black, something that made us stand out from the others, more than our names already made us.

It was like I had the world on my shoulders right in this moment, as I tried to maintain a stern face so that no one would ask any questions or dared to talk to me.

Giovanni softly planted his hand on my waist and directioned me to the table that we were arranged to sit in, everyone was already there and Yoru even had a glass of bubbling champagne in her hand.

This looked like a type of ball where people have fun and talk to each other, and in reality it is, but everything is a little bit more dramatic once the people are experienced rich murderers and their type of fun is totally different.

It wasn't anyone's first time here, anyone but mine, everyone looked quite familiar with everything and some people even seemed to know each other, probably having some type of business between each other.

Those types of alliances that are created in these kinds of balls.

"Everything is going to be alright darling, don't worry about it." Giovanni whispers in my ear as he pulls my chair so that I can sit beside him.

I know for sure that he will have to walk around at a certain point of the night but something inside of me wants to keep him around at all times, making sure that nothing bad happens tonight, not to me nor to him.

Despite knowing that he can protect himself damn well.

There is a feeling building up inside of me that is growing by the second, something that is related to Giovanni. Something that makes me want to be with him and never be alone again, something that makes me want to feel his touch at all times.

I don't want to admit it right now but the feeling is strong and the kiss that happened in the kitchen still hasn't left my mind.

Coming back all of the time, either when I am asleep or when I am randomly daydreaming throughout the day.

I nodded, remembering once again that Giovanni had talked to me a few seconds ago and I just stared into his eyes, letting myself drown in them instead of fighting for my life, giving it up easily and just giving it to him.

No one around me dared to make eye contact with me, they did look up and down sometimes but no one looked into my different colored eyes. It makes me feel some sort of power, knowing that people are too scared to look into my eyes.

Scared of what I dared to do to them if they looked at me weird.

This ball is going to be long and all I have to do now is survive.

who's your favorite character right now?