She flinched instinctively, making a dash for her gun on her side, and she heard a shot ring out. Yelena let out a small yelp, managing to withdraw her gun as she fell over to the side out of instinct to try to dodge any more hits. She shot wildly in their direction, but quickly realized that they were still there but hiding behind cover.

To her surprise, Natasha was suddenly down on her knees next to her, grasping her face and looking at her with surprisingly controlled terror as she put herself between the more open part of the room and Yelena.

"Hey, hey, look at me, are you okay?" Natasha demanded, her eyes locked onto Yelena's firmly. Yelena shook her head quickly, panic gripping her too fiercely for her to fully form words as she tried to lift her hand to point behind Natasha.

However, as soon as Natasha realized what Yelena was indicating, it was too late.

A shot rang out just as Natasha turned to face the enemy with her own gun. It hit her hard in the chest near the shoulder on her right side. However, since she was fortunately primarily left-handed, her shooting arm was unaffected, and she blasted a hole through the man's head quickly and easily.

She then fell back onto the floor more fully, clutching at her chest as she tried to slow the bleeding, closing her eyes tightly. Yelena quicky scrambled over to her, ignoring the ache in her arm where the bullet had hit her.

"Natashka, are you okay?!" Yelena demanded, grabbing her sister's face in her hands despite the screaming of her arm. Natasha let out a deep breath, nodding painfully.

"Yeah... I've had worse," Natasha ground out, her eyes soft and reassuring despite the pain that was so evident within them. However, there was also some panic within them as Yelena realized Natasha was trying her best to scan Yelena's form. Yelena swallowed, nodding just a little in reply to Natasha's words as she looked down at her big sister and rubbed her thumb across Natasha's cheek.

"Maybe so, but it's going to bleed out way too fast," Yelena shot back quickly as she inspected Natasha's wound carefully, keeping an active ear out for anyone that could be coming into their area.

"Hey, what's going on in there?!"

"Stark, pull the jet around to my coordinates. We've both suffered gunshot wounds and need to evacuate immediately," Yelena spoke into her comm-link, her tone no-nonsense and leaving no room for any of his typical sarcastic comments. There was a small pause before he spoke up again.

"Will do," he replied, seeming to detect Yelena's lack of tolerance for any funny business.

However, Yelena was soon distracted from his reply when Natasha suddenly started to raise her arm and tried to grasp Yelena's wrist. Yelena grabbed Natasha's arm with her own uninjured one and looked at her strangely.

"What are you doing?" Yelena asked, and Natasha just looked at her as if it were supposed to be obvious.

"Let me see your arm," Natasha commanded, her voice gentle but her tone firm even though she was currently bleeding far too much. Yelena just looked at her as if she had lost her mind.

"Natashka, you've got a literal hole in your chest, and you're worried about my arm?" Yelena demanded, and Natasha shrugged a little before quickly wincing ever so slightly at the sensation running through her chest.

"I have to make sure my baby sister's okay," Natasha expressed, tenderness in every syllable as the fear continued to show itself just a little in Natasha's gaze. Yelena let out a small breath, feeling her heart melt at the redhead's concern for her despite her own state.