Chapter 339

"You have been proven guilty of attempted murder. Men, take her away!"

At Levi's words, Xavier Fields came into the room with a squad of police behind him. Within moments, Lil Lacey and the unconscious Amelia were arrested and dragged away.

Levi was not impressed by this so-called 'Devil'.

The impudent fool thought he could kill him? Hah! He bit off more than he could chew.

Within the night, news of how the Devil of South City, Quentin Lane, had come to kill Levi but had been killed instead spread like wildfire.

"Hahaha! Does Garrison know no fear? Quentin Lane is the godson of Sebastian Lopez! Killing Lane is basically asking for death!" Winston Gonzales roared with laughter.

Una had an excited look on her face. "Grandpa, does this mean Garrison won't be able to escape death this time?"

"Of course! Mr. Lopez doesn't have any children of his own, so Lane was basically his everything. Garrison has really done it this time!" Winston stroked his beard as he chuckled.

"Hah! How dare he threatened our family? This is really karma coming to bite him in the ass!"

Una could already imagine what fate would befall Levi, and she just could not wait.

The appointment ceremony was three days away. Percy had gone back to North Hampton Warzone to prepare, so Levi also went back to work at the company.

Iris, who had just come out of a meeting, received a phone call. A few seconds later, she hung up with her face pale.

Everyone around her could tell something was off about her. One concerned staff asked, "Ms. Annabelle, is everything okay?"

She shook her head and replied, "I'm fine. Casey, could you prepare a car for me, please? I need to go out for a bit. Remember, no driver!"

After that, she left alone to head toward North Hampton International Airport.

When she arrived, a bespectacled man in a suit got in the car when he caught sight of her.

"Louis Lont, get out of my car! I never said you could come in. You're going to dirty my seats!" she hissed furiously.

Louis took off his glasses and wiped his lens. A smile played on his lips as he said, "Iris, I'm your ex-boyfriend. You should be a little courteous at the very least, don't you think? Why the sour attitude?"

Rage twisted her pretty face as she growled, "Hmph! Who would want to be courteous to a scumbag like you?"

When she went overseas, she had had a brief relationship with this man. To her disgust, it did not take her long to discover that he was a true scumbag. He had been with eight other women while they were still dating. Eight!

She had instantly demanded to break up and treated this incident as a matter of personal shame.

Proud as she was, she refused to let anyone know about her brief lapse in judgment. Hence, even Zoey did not know about him.

"Why did you come to pick me up at the airport if you didn't still have any feelings toward me?" Louis chuckled.

He even had the audacity to try and grab Iris' hand!

"Go away!"

She shoved him away violently and spat, "I didn't come to pick you up. Just tell me what I have to do before you'll hand over those things?"

"What's the hurry? I'm a trustworthy person, really! I've helped you keep them secret for so many years and have never once shown them to anyone!"

"You - !" Iris gritted her teeth so hard her jaw ached.

Ever since they broke up, he had been holding a very personal secret of hers over her head and used it to blackmail her.

She had already given him several million in the past few years.

"Speak! How much before you'll give them back to me?" she asked.

"What I want this time might be a little difficult for you, but you still have to agree. If you don't, I can assure you that I'll immediately release your secret to the public. You can be certain that your reputation will be ruined then!" he threatened.