Chapter 233

Shaun Lopez quickly explained everything to the arresting officer.

The prime suspects were Chris and Samuel.

Timothy said solemnly, "You can't just bring up two names, Chris and Samuel, and expect us to believe what you say. What we need is proof!"

"Right now, we know that the funds of Imperial Meadows Limited were transferred by Harry. This is shown in the transaction history! All the other monies were also transferred by Harry. Our technical team has searched and discovered that the overseas bank account was opened by Harry!"

"We have all the proof. Harry, what else can you say?" Timothy asked coldly.

"Friends, just think! If it were really my grandpa, why would he tell Zoey and the others?" Shaun Lopez protested.

Timothy sneered, "That's because Harry wanted to blackmail Zoey with family ties! He is certain that due to their relationship, she and the others would not report to the police. That is the reason why he did so."

"This..."

Everyone was tongue-tied.

What Timothy had said was exactly what the Lopez family had initially thought, too.

"Besides, our technical team has checked and we know that no one by the name of Chris ever came to North Hampton. There is no trace of him ever boarding a plane or a train! You guys are making it up, aren't you?"

Upon hearing this, everyone realized that all of this was planned way ahead.

There was alibi to show that Chris was never here.

Samuel and his brother are really too crafty!

"Take him away!" Timothy Lourdes ordered.

Harry could do nothing but to accept his fate.

However, at this moment, Timothy Lourdes received a call from Xavier Fields.

"Alright, I'll come back this very instant," he replied and left immediately with his men.

"Your case will be put on hold. I'll get to the bottom of this!"

This left the Lopez family totally bewildered.

Harry was momentarily safe from being arrested and he immediately gave the instruction, "Quick, call the scoundrel and ask him what the hell is going on?'"

Melanie dialed Samuel's number and unexpectedly, the call got through.

"Samuel, you beast, what have you done?" The moment he picked up the call, Melanie started scolding him.

"What's the matter? Did that old fart, Harry, finally been arrested? Serve him right!"

The moment Samuel said this, everyone knew that he was the culprit.

"Samuel, where are you now? Return our money to us this instant!"

Melanie felt like blowing her top off.

On the other end of the line, Samuel sound surprised, "What money? I don't understand what you're saying."

Melanie was so furious that she could cry, "Samuel, stop pretending. You have transferred all the money out of the bank accounts of Zoey's company and all of the Lopez family members."

"How can you blame me for this? Wasn't the money from Zoey's company transferred out by your grandpa? This is documented in the transfer history. Furthermore, he admitted it himself. So, how could it have anything to do with me? Now that the money's gone, you should question Harry about it instead of me!"

Samuel sneered.

"You..."

Melanie was so exasperated that she almost smashed her phone on the floor.

"Alright then. Where are you now? When are you coming back?"

Melanie took control of her emotions and tried her best to speak calmly with Samuel.

If Samuel returned, the problem could be solved easily.

"Me? Well, I'm overseas now! I'll return sometime later!"

It was noisy at Samuel's end.

Boom!

The piece of news was disastrous to the whole Lopez family.

If he had escaped abroad, it would be very difficult to get him back!

The Lopez family would have to face the current crisis on their own.

Not only did they lost every cent, on top of that, Harry could go to jail.

The consequences were unimaginable.

Harry gestured to Melanie, hinting at her to try and trick Samuel into coming back.

Melanie racked her brain, "Samuel, I've not been feeling well for the last couple of days, I am constantly feeling nauseous. You know that don't you? So hurry back and accompany me to go see the doctor. I think I'm pregnant."