Chapter 285

He had thought his son-in-law had brought them glory by buying three cars at once, but they turned out to be gifts gifted out of friendship.

Even though the cars were in their hands, it wouldn't feel pleasant to drive.

After all, Levi didn't buy them with his own money.

How suffocating would it if they had to drive in secret and not tell anyone about this!

"Uncle, Aunt, don't be mad. Levi did it with the best of intentions, after all. Just feel free to drive them. You have my word," Iris said.

"Thanks, Iris."

Aaron and Caitlyn felt much more relieved at that, but they were still dissatisfied with Levi.

How humiliating would it be if words get out!

Luckily, Iris has reminded us.

Levi, who was eating, didn't know what had happened. When he saw them coming back, he even asked them, "Mom, Dad, don't you guys like it?"

"Don't you ever do such humiliating things again!" Aaron roared.

"Yeah, we appreciate your kindness, but let this be last time. I don't want to lose face!" Caitlyn raged as well.

Levi put on a puzzled face. "What's wrong?"

"Was it Isaiah who sent us the cars?" Zoey asked.

"Yeah, he sent them." Levi nodded.

Because that was the truth!

"Right then."

Zoey and her parents remained quiet, leaving Levi baffled.

The next day, Zoey drove to work early.

As Levi exited the house, he met Iris at the doors.

Iris glanced at him and smirked, "Seems like you're still a pretty decent person."

"Hmm? What do you mean?" Levi asked.

"I thought you were going to drive an Audi as well," Iris sneered, then drove off.

Levi simply smiled and jogged out the door.

He had been running to and fro work these days because he was used to it in the army.

He would feel sick all over now instead if he didn't move his body.

Bayview Garden was located in a high-class area with lots of parks, which was a treat to runners.

These parks had joined forces to set up a track several kilometers long within the perimeter.

"Move away! This place has been sealed off! Go somewhere else!"

At this moment, Levi came head-on to a team of security guards who were holding trained police dogs in their hands.

Those who were jogging or playing were forced out.

Levi saw that there were a group of people in the security guards' wake, some lifting cameras on their shoulders, some holding props such as light shields, and others holding computers...

It seemed that a celebrity has come by...

The most conspicuous thing Levi saw was that a beautiful woman was being carried by four men. It was as if she didn't want her feet to touch the ground at all.

"Slow down! You're tipping me over. What a load of idiots!"

Not only was the woman complaining, but she also even threw a banana peel on the curb...

"Isn't that the influencer, Lil Lacey?" someone who recognized her at the side said in surprise. "She seems polite on broadcast, but why is she so different in real life?"

"Yeah, she has the vibe of a girl with positive energy. How can she be so uncivilized?"

A look of bemusement spread across the crowd's faces.

"Haha, a lot of influencers are like this. They just fake it for the camera. What you see on screen is all filtered!"

Levi was slightly annoyed.

How can mere influencers have special privileges to get rid of the locals?

Isn't the park a public area?

Right then, the team of security guards stood before Levi. "Move out of the way! What are you looking at?"