"Girl I haven't figured out what's out there for me, I'm taking a gap year." Nia sighed, looking away from Sakina.

"Yeah, you gon' figure it out soon enough." Sakina shrugged before checking her watch, making her realise that it's lunch.

"Whatchu tryna eat?" Nia asked her while she scrolled for uber eats, she was starving.

"McDonald's." Sakina smiled as she rubbed her stomach.

"You got all them options and you gettin' that?" Nia pulled a face at Sakina which just made her burst out laughing.

"Don't stand there and act like they fries ain't banging." Sakina raised her brow at her, making Nia roll her eyes before agreeing.

-XX-

"NIA! WHERE THAT BONY ASS HOE AT?" A girl shouted from outside the shop, which made Sakina drop her burger and shoot a look at Nia.

They nodded at each other before putting their food down and walking out to see a group of girls, with one standing in the middle. She had rollers in her hair, booty shorts on and Adidas sliders with mismatched socks. All the other girls had their phones out and ready.

"Why's she so glossy?" Sakina asked as she squinted her eyes to try and see why the girl was so greasy.

"Her bitch ass done put on vaseline and baby oil " Nia said before tying her long cornrows in a ponytail.

"Oh shit, this ain't good for business." Sakina mumbled to herself as the girl approached and a whole group surrounded the two.

"Go get me some oil!" Nia smacked Sakina's arm, making her run into the shop, get some baby oil and rub it all over her arms.

"You not cold?" Sakina asked, but before Nia could answer, the girl began swinging.

Sakina's jaw dropped the the floor as she watched the girls tussle on the floor, pulling each other's hair and clothes. She gasped when she saw Nia grabbing the girl by her braids and began to spin around which made the girl swing around her.

The girl screamed as she was spun around by her braids while Nia cackled, her friends simply took videos and covered their mouths with their hands as it happened.

"Ringa, ringa roses bitch!" Nia shouted before dropping her and kicking her face multiple times.

Nia eventually walked away towards the shop before turning around and shouting,

"Any other of you hoes got a problem with me?"

The girls simply looked away, ignoring the girl that was lying on the floor, groaning and sobbing.

"It's quiet, ain't no back talk." Nia grumbled before walking inside, Sakina jogged behind her, pushing people aside to get through.

-XX-

"I get paid for this too, right?" Sakina asked as she cleaned Nia's wounds, which made Nia laugh.

"I'm just playing." She added before tossing away the cotton bud and grabbing a bandage to wrap around her knee.

"I know you wanna know who that bitch was." Nia sighed, looking down, not wanting to face Sakina.

"You don't have to tell me."

"We been beefing since high school. She been talking shit about me for years. So when I found out that she had herpes, I told everyone and they mama." Nia shrugged, "She deserved it, I never did nun to her."

"Damn, she really has herpes?" Sakina gasped, sitting down and looking at Nia. "How did you find out?"

"Her nigga got a loose mouth, he told me when he was tryna fuck me." Nia said.

"Oh my God." Sakina chuckled, this job was just so interesting to her.

"Anyway, I owe you one for having my back today." Nia hugged Sakina quickly before they walked over to the till.

"Take me out to red lobster." Sakina smiled which made Nia smack her lips.

"Aight, issa deal."

-XX-

Dragging herself info the elevator, Sakina scrolled through Nia's Instagram with a smile. She felt as if she'd finally made a friend, she didn't care about her background or anything like that. Nia was just Nia.

niaadabae posted 2 weeks ago.

Liked by 3,836 others.

niaadabae fuck these hoes coz they be tellin' lies

jojohoe lookin' good cuh
--->liked by 1k
niaadabae replied yessuh🙈

kieshatriesha bony ass
--->liked by 3
niaadabae replied bony over herpes any day😩
--->liked by 2k

Load more comments...

Even though that was the ghettoest thing she had ever seen, Sakina was glad that she was finally beginning to break out of her shell. Life was becoming interesting for her.