Chapter 154 - Saint of Darkness (2)

Start from the beginning

He saw how Pier was totally captivated by the phoenix's void and he wanted to have the same reaction from the man too.

But it was too different.

His void was lifeless and colorless.

"Pier..." he trailed off as he wanted to renovate a few things here and there.

'I should get human souls from graves too so they can live in this void.' He thought because he never bothered to grab souls that are too weak.

Though the dead fairy can raise dead souls, it was another case for him who cannot cherry-pick but at the same time, was too choosy with what he considers to be his warriors.

"Yes?" the man responded and Ciaran flinched when he saw that not a single smile was on his lover's face.

"Do you... do you want to go back?" He offered as he was again, too ashamed to show his lifeless void to his lover.

"Why? I'm enjoying myself." His eyes instantly widened and if Pier were to stare hard enough, he would probably see Ciaran's eyes sparkle in excitement again.

'He's enjoying himself?' The vampire king's chest pounded loudly.

"It is my first time being inside your void and I am quite speechless," Pier hummed as he took hold of Ciaran's biceps and continued to walk down the streets as if they were on a date.

'Ah... My heart...' Ciaran blushed again.

He was the god of this realm but he was walking in the streets of a barren city with his lover clinging to his arms.

Thud! Thud! Thud!

The shaking ensued again and this time, Pier turned to look up at the sky.

"Haha. It looks lifeless but when you look up, it's actually filled with something else," He spoke and Ciaran followed the white-haired king's gaze.

Indeed, not a single creature was present in the city but in the black sky, there were some creatures present.

"GAAARGH!" One particularly stood out as its enormous body and dragon-like appearance could be seen. The diamond-shaped tail that was sharp enough to pierce through anything was swaying as it viewed the two entities walking in the desolate city.

"Oh, it's the little wyvern!" This time, Ciaran saw Pier smile, and his worries dissipated for a little bit.

"Hi, little wyvern! It had been a long time since I last saw you!" Pier called out.

"GAAARGH!" The screech of the gigantic mythical creature erupted again as it flew in circles atop of the sky.

"Ooh, its very cute." Pier cooed but Ciaran was thinking otherwise.

Nothing was cute inside his void.

It wasn't the same with the phoenix's void that was lively. There were no green-lush vegetations prospering across the lands and hills, there were no colorful flowers swaying along with the breeze, there were no beautiful dusks and dawns happening here.

Instead, his void was filled with monstrous creatures just like the one above them.

Anyone whether it'd be humans or other creatures would probably tremble in fear if they were inside his void and saw the hellish place.

"Haha! Look at it fly in circles! It's too cute!"

Except for his lover, that is.

"GAAARGH!" The entire barren city trembled as the wyvern's scream echoed.