chapter fifty - one

| 51 |

everyone flinches when a loud boom erupts through the house, a long, strand of flames bursting out almost every window in the house.

wooyoung holds a hand to his mouth, falling back on the grass in shock, hueningkai flinching, eyes widening, his body frozen.

"NO!" taehyun shouts like a maniac, immediately running towards the house before anyone can stop him, arm slipping from beomgyu's grasp as he bolts away, tears streaming down his face.

"no! no! taehyun come back!" beomgyu shrieks, going to run after him, only to shout in protest when a hand grips his arm.

"stop!" soobin screams, holding beomgyu in place, "stop it!"

"fucking put it out!" hueningkai screams at the firefighters, policeman circling the perimeter of the house as well, looking for anything out of the ordinary besides the burning flames.

a fire truck had pulled up right behind the police, the men immediately pulling out their long hoses, aiming at the house in seconds of arriving.

"put it out, please!" hueningkai screams, tears streaming down his face when he hears the sound of the water shoot, the glass of a window popping at the pressure of the hose.

the fire had trailed downstairs, and now the flames erupted throughout the entire house, and it was probably the scariest thing everyone here had ever seen, the fire burning their vision like flesh.

yeonjun was in there.

meanwhile, taehyun runs into the house from the back door, immediately coughing harshly into his elbow from the amount of smoke, the burst of flames all around him blowing his hair.

"y-yeonjun!" he screams, running around the burning house in desperation, tears blurring his vision with every step he takes, the fire a burned orange in his eyes.

taehyun yelps when he turns the corner to grip the staircase railing, his arm flying back towards himself when a harsh, burning feeling nips at his skin, a choked whine falling past his lips from the pain.

he clenches his teeth, falling back against the hardwood floor in pain, whining when he hits the ground, crying as he holds the inflamed skin of his forearm.

"y-yeonjun!" taehyun wails, forcing himself to stand straight, "yeonjun, w-where are you?!" he's screaming harshly, bolting around the house, "you aren't dead! i-if i can't leave you, you cant leave me!"

"taehyun, fucking come back!" taehyun can hear
beomgyu outside, but he pays it no mind, screaming as he darts up the stairs, just barely missing the flames that threaten to burn him alive.

he can't loose his brother.

he turns the corner, jolting harshly when he begins coughing profusely, the thick smoke slowly becoming too much to ignore.

"y-yeonjun!" taehyun coughs, holding his elbow to cover his nose and mouth as he runs around the upstairs area, doing his best to dodge all the flames.

taehyun sweats the at the heat of the room when he kicks a door open with his foot, squinting his eyes as they burn, watering tremendously.

"yeonjun-" taehyun cuts himself off with a scream when he looks down, almost falling back into the fire himself when he looks down, the sight of who was apparently his father, engulfed, burning in flames, lying lifeless as he melted like a popsicle on a hot day.

"yeonjun!" taehyun shakes it off, turning around.

he coughs harshly again, holding his palms to his nose and mouth as he bends down, coughing into his hands, his lungs burning from the amount of smoke traveling through the air.

he groans, darting a hand down to cup his abdomen, a ridiculous amount of blood gushing from his body, almost all of his stitches from his gunshot wound having popped open like buttons on a shirt.

he stumbles, blinking harshly as his vision blurs for a moment, the inflamed skin on his arm screaming at him, bringing him back to earth.

suddenly, he flinches, a long, stripe of pressured water bursting through the room, pieces of glass from the already broken window flying at taehyun, slightly slicing his skin a bit as he turns around, screaming.

most of the fire dulls, and taehyun cries harshly, trembling harder than he ever has in his entire life, his skin burning, yet cold in fear at the heat of the moment.

he suddenly spots something, his eyes darting towards the outline of something in the corner of his eye. 

his heart drops.

yeonjun was pressed up against the wall, almost all the visible skin of his legs red from the fire, some of his arms and part of his face bubbled from inflammation.

"yeonjun!" taehyun immediately darts over, screaming when he leaps over the dying fire, some of the flames biting the skin of his right leg, his balance stumbled as he falls to the ground next to yeonjun.

he immediately sits up, ignoring the pain.

"yeonjun!" he screams as loud as he can over the fire and the sound of the water spraying through the window harshly, "yeonjun wake up!" he shakes the boys shoulders roughly.

yeonjun just lays limp, his chest barely rising and falling, slowing by the minute.

taehyun cries even harder if possible, bringing yeonjun's body to rest against his chest in desperation, screaming his lungs out.

"HELP!"