chapter forty - four

| 44 |

"gut him good,"

taehyun feels his heart drop, and he's immediately whipping around, yelping when the leader pulls him right back, ordering his guys to hold him back.

and they do, taehyun squirming in their grasp, trying to make it towards beomgyu, who trembles in confusion and fear, the sentence wracking through his brain.

gut him good.

"don't touch him!" taehyun exclaims, groaning out a whine when he fails to escape once more, "get your fucking hands off!"

~

"you'll do anything we want, hmm?"

taehyun nods hurriedly, darting his head away when beomgyu falls to the ground again, face a bloody mess, breathing ragged.

"then choose,"

taehyun sniffles, turning to look at the man.

"w-what?"

"choose. you, or him?"

~

taehyun smacks his lips, swallowing down copper as he pats his lower abdomen, lifting his trembling hand, raising his brows at the sight of crimson coating his fingertips.

taehyun blinks, "o-oh,"

"taehyun!" beomgyu seems to snap back to earth, hands horribly shaky as they hurriedly hover over taehyun's body, the blood spreading more and more by the second.

"it's okay! y-you're gonna be okay!"

~

"taehyun!" beomgyu sobs harshly, holding taehyun's limp body in his arms, shaking his head hurriedly, "t-taehyun wake up! please!"

beomgyu lifts his head, "help!" he screams as loud as he can, thanking whoever will listen when he hears rushed footsteps move him and taehyun's way, police officers coming in view.

"h-help...."

~

taehyun wakes with a jolt, his eyes flying open. he breathes heavily, the beeping of some... machine filling his ears, his head pounding rather harshly.

he groans, going to sit upright... only to let out a soft whine of pain, slowly lowering back down on the bed, holding a hand to the blankets that cover his lower stomach.

he takes deep breaths, squinted eyes blinded from the bright light swirling in the room, a hand coming up to block his vision.

when he adjusts, he lowers his arm, looking around the room confusingly.

he raises his brows in surprise when his eyes land on beomgyu near the far right of the room. the boy's head was drooping to the side, expression seeming exhausted.