chapter twenty

| 20 |

right when the greeting left yeonjun's lips, he wasn't too fond over the way the door slammed in his face moments later, an annoyed look on taehyun's face.

yeonjun stands there, brows furrowed as he awkwardly sways back and forth, trying to decide if he should stay or leave.

he hears muffled shouts from inside, and rushed footsteps.

he gulps, straightening his posture, preparing himself for the uttermost worst.

but, instead... he's greeted with a teary eyed soobin, and a bone crushing hug that very same boy pulls him in, soobin's soft cries vibrating the clothing covering yeonjun's shoulder.

"o-oh my god,"

yeonjun's taken aback, his eyes blown wide as he stands there, frozen, his arms still at his sides, his face twisted in surprise.

neither of them speak, just soobin hugging yeonjun as if he'd disappear for another year, every single emotion bursting throughout his aura, the sight of yeonjun alone causing tears to roll down his cheeks freely.

feeling relaxed at that realization, yeonjun's face relaxes, a soft smile creeping onto his face as he lowers his arms, sliding them to wrap around soobin's back.

"i'm here,"

soobin sniffles, "i know,"

yeonjun chuckles, snuggling into the crook of soobin's neck, "i don't want to admit it, but i missed you," yeonjun closes his eyes for a moment, "... very much,"

soobin swallows down a sob, taking a deep breath, hugging yeonjun tighter, "i missed you," he says, sighing in what seems to be relief, "d-don't leave again,"

"i'm sorry for the first time," yeonjun whispers, gulping as a broken chuckle escapes his lips, "and the second time," he leans his forehead on soobin's shoulder.

soobin giggles a bit, pulling back.

he looks yeonjun in the eye, letting out a sigh.

"what?" yeonjun gulps.

soobin shakes his head, "nothing," he says, "i just- i cant believe you're h-here in front of me right now," he's smiling now, and it makes yeonjun giddy.

yeonjun grins back, a blush coating his cheeks.

a pause.

soobin bites his lip, looking away with wide eyes.

yeonjun furrows his brows, "what?"

soobin looks at yeonjun, clearing his throat.

"beomgyu's gonna freak,"

yeonjun chuckles at that, lowering his head with a soft grin, the thought of seeing beomgyu again after so long running through his mind.

"i know,"