chapter twelve

| 12 |

| the night before |

yeonjun groans, rubbing his temples as he leans forwards, his chest touching the bar table as he hums, trying to rid of the headache pounding in his skull.

he had immediately ran here after seeing those two people he thought he'd never seen again.

this was the first place he thought to come to.

this was the one thing he thought to do.

get drunk. forget it all.

yeji frowns, "awh, darling," she coos, wiping a glass as she looks at him, "you've only had two drinks and you're already showing signs of a hangover,"

yeonjun chuckles under his breath at that.

"i just saw my best friend and his boyfriend i slept with after a year and a half of no communication whatsoever," he looks up at yeji, blinking, "i have a permanent hangover,"

yeji frowns, "are you gonna be okay?"

yeonjun hums, smacking his lips.

"i don't know,"

yeji looks at him, a sad expression on her face, "okay, just... take it easy on the alcohol tonight. alright?"

yeonjun fake cries, "no," he grabs a glass, sucking a breath, "i deserve to feel like shit tonight," he nods his head, chugging the firey liquid.

his phone buzzes on the surface of the bar before he can say anything else, his eyes flickering down to read the contact name.

he sighs, using all his might to lift his arm, sliding the phone in his grip.

he presses accept.

"hello?" he sounds utterly miserable.

"wow, you sound like shit,"

wooyoung was on the phone, having to have seemed to catch on to yeonjun's tired state.

"thank you," yeonjun sounds monotoned, resting the phone between his cheek and the pad of his shoulder as he raises his glass again, gulping down the harsh liquid.

"you're getting wasted, aren't you?" he hears wooyoung sigh through the phone.

a hum, "i'm not... wasted," yeonjun trails, a chuckle falling past his lips as he raises his glass for another taste, "i'm just... parched,"

"drink water, dumbass," he hears his best friend sigh through the phone. and the way he can definitely tell wooyoung has a frown on his face, breaks his heart.

"listen, woo," yeonjun leans on the bar, swirling a toothpick in his drink, "i'm okay. really. just because i saw t-them all at once today... doesn't mean i'll let it affect the rest of my life,"

wooyoung sighs again, "but, hyung.... are you really okay?" wooyoung sounds sad, "when you texted me you saw them all again, i thought you were kidding,"

yeonjun giggles.

he can almost see wooyoung's expression, "i'm worried about you, hyung," his friend sounds heartbroken, "genuinely,"

"don't be," yeonjun shakes his head, smiling when he catches glances with yeji, "i'm great. i'm completely fine right now," he doesn't even feel the tear run down his right cheek.

is he crazy or something? maybe insane?

"okay..." wooyoung doesn't sound sure, "just call me if you need something, okay? i'll be wherever you need me in the span of two seconds,"

yeonjun chuckles, "will do," he rolls his eyes, sliding the tips of his fingers to wipe the tears from under his eyes.

after that, he hangs up, letting out a long sigh before groaning, pressing his head against the bar table in exhaustion.

he sits there, contemplating his life basically, his head pounding in pain as it relives unwanted memories.

"jun,"

yeonjun pauses, furrowing his brows.

okay, that sounded pretty real.

he lifts his head, turning in his seat to look behind him, the ding of the bell above the front door ringing as it's pushed open.

yeonjun's heart just about drops.

soobin stands there, his eyes relieved and glossed over as he looks at the boy he hadn't seen in a year and a half, alive and sitting right in front of him.

yeonjun chokes, watching a couple tears fall down soobin's face.

"i found you,"