chapter fourteen

| 14 |

"yeonjun!" soobin's out the door after yeonjun in seconds, tears streaming down his face as he sprints with all his might to catch up with the other.

"no!" yeonjun screams, crying as he runs quicker.

but soobin grips his arm harshly, pulling him back to face him.

"let go! let go!" yeonjun cries, "let go of me!"

"yeonjun, stop!" soobin shouts, his hands on each of yeonjun's shoulders as he holds the boy in place, shouting louder, hoping the boy will understand.

"no! n-no!" yeonjun ranks his arm away, taking steps back. his fingers trail in his hair, tugging at his roots, "t-too much! too much, too fast!"

"yeonjun!" soobin sobs, gripping yeonjun again, holding onto him tight as he continues to struggle, forcing his eyes in his own, "listen to me! just stop! stop it!"

yeonjun cries harshly, his body jolting with each pained sob as it eventually slumps, his cries the same pitch, yet his struggles coming to an eventual stop.

soobin sniffles, bending down to meet yeonjun's height.

"look at me,"

yeonjun doesn't avert his eyes from the ground, instead, he finds endless tears spilling down his cheeks, his heart clenching.

"jun," soobin whines out, sniffling, "look at me," he sounds desperate, his voice cracking at the mere plead, "please, look at me,"

"why?" yeonjun breathes out quietly, and if soobin wasn't listening clearly, he wouldn't have heard it fall past yeonjun's lips.

soobin gulps, his lip quivering.

"i need to see your eyes,"

yeonjun furrows his brows, wanting to look up at that, "my eyes?" he looks confused from the angle soobin stares at, yet broken all at once, "why my eyes?"

soobin looks at him, "i need to make sure you're really here," he takes a shaky breath, trailing a trembling hand to rest against yeonjun's cheek, his thumb sliding on the boy's cheekbone, "i need to make sure you're really standing in front of me right n-now,"

yeonjun looks up at that, heart breaking.

"i am," yeonjun sighs out, sliding his own hand to rest on the back of soobin's, "i'm really here. i promise, i am,"

soobin looks at him, eventually letting out a soft sob, his chest jolting as he leans over slightly, the relief and utter happiness swirling together in his mix of emotions.

"i-i missed you so much,"

yeonjun gulps at that, his eyes trailing down to stare at the concrete ground.

then, he pulls his hand away, his brows slumping as he lightly pushes soobin's hold.

"i cant,"

soobin looks up, his heart, which had just finally mended, now shattered to pieces again, "what?" he sounds hurt, "w-what do you mean, you cant?"

yeonjun sniffles, taking a step back with a shake of his head, "i-i just can't," he cries, holding a hand to his face, "this is just too much... too much, too fast, i-" a whimper of his own cuts him off.

soobin frowns, taking a step forward, "j-jun..."

"give me some time," yeonjun doesn't meet soobin's eyes, holding a hand to his face, the other hovering in the air to stop soobin from coming any closer, "j-just give me some time. i-i promise i'll come see you again... g-gyu too, alright?"

soobin blinks, lips parting as he trembles.

"i promise," is the last thing yeonjun says, before he's running off into the dark of the night, abandoning his car in the dark parking lot of the bar, the flicker of the street light blurring soobin's vision, as well as the tears that fall down his face continuously.