chapter twenty - nine

| 29 |

it had been about twenty minutes since they'd all been here... and even through the loud music, and strong smell of alcohol and smoke...

it was still a bit awkward.

beomgyu was at one of the bars, swirling a toothpick around in his drink, and taehyun was across the club at a different table, swigging down an entire bottle of beer.

but every once and a while, yeonjun giggled at the sight of wooyoung and hueningkai step on each other's feet as they attempted to dance.

"do you want anything to drink?" soobin walks over, a couple bottles of soju in his hands, "i got some things," he sets them down on the bar table, clicking the shot glasses down on the table as well.

"sure," yeonjun smiles, "a couple wouldn't hurt, right?"

soobin pops open the cap, pouring himself and yeonjun a shot, placing it back down to retrieve their drinks.

"on three?"

soobin nods, "one-"

yeonjun brings the glass to his lips, swallowing down the soju in less than a second, the alcohol bitter and hard on his taste buds, the burn in the back of his throat intoxicating.

soobin scoffs, "you said on three!"

"it's all about the element of surprise, bin,"

soobin rolls his eyes, tossing his head back to gulp his own, smacking his lips and slamming his glass down as he finishes.

"god, that's gross,"

"you just have to get used to the taste," yeonjun pours himself another shot, slipping more into soobin's glass as well, "it burns less after a while,"

"what, are you an expert in alcohol?"

yeonjun chuckles, "basically," he shrugs, picking up the shot glass, "i drank so much last year, i had more alcohol than blood in my system," he nods, tossing his head back in another gulp.

soobin gags when he downs his next one as well, his lips smacking in disgust. he slams the glass back down, wiping his lips with the back of his sleeve.

"getting used to it's the hard part," yeonjun chuckles, pouring himself some more.

_

about thirty minutes or so later, yeonjun was tipsy. usually, he got drunk easily, but tonight... he found himself to be the complete opposite of a lightweight.

he felt like something was blocking the adrenaline of the alcohol to spread into his brain.

maybe it was the fact that he had so much on his mind, he didn't know.

"you're drunk," soobin pouts.

"no, you," yeonjun blinks, "i usually get drunk fast, i don't know what's happening," he sighs deeply, running a hand through his pink locks.

soobin smiles, "let's go get some air,"

and they do, soobin's hand pressed against the small of yeonjun's back as he leads them outside, the fresh breeze of the night slapping their skin.

"ah," yeonjun hums out a groan when he sits down on the curb, his hand in soobin's as he leads the boy to sit down next to him.

soon, they're both seated, eyes fixated on the night sky above, heads and minds clouded with many thoughts.

after a few minutes of silence, yeonjun felt lighter. he didn't even feel tipsy anymore, the thought of a beautiful night full of stars in the sky so gorgeous to him, and the presence of soobin next to him adding to the comfort.