chapter two

| 2 |

hueningkai opens the door, jaw falling open as he scoffs lowly.

"pink, really?"

yeonjun walks inside without being invited, running his hands through his now pink locks, "it was the only disguise i could think of!"

hueningkai shuts the door, sighing, "you still have the same face, y'know?"

"i know i know," yeonjun rolls his eyes, taking a seat on the couch, blowing hair out from between his lips so his pink strands blow to the side, "i just don't want anyone to recognize me,"

hueningkai frowns, taking a seat with a deep sigh. he clasps his hands together, looking at yeonjun, "why don't you wanna be found hyung?"

yeonjun looks at hueningkai, not answering right away.

but after a minute, "i don't... want to re-live everything that happened... that night," yeonjun gulps, taking a deep breath, "if i were to ever see them a-again... i would feel much shittier than i already do now,"

hueningkai frowns, "you don't know that hyung," he pouts his lip, reaching out to place a hand on yeonjun's shoulder, "they miss you... so much,"

yeonjun looks up, "how do you know that?"

hueningkai sighs, leaning back in the love seat, "you haven't been here to witness all of their breakdowns hyung," he sighs, "every time beomgyu hyung visits... he cries.... and soobin..." he trails when he notices yeonjun tense, "it's just been hard," he shrugs.

yeonjun bites his lips, "and that's precisely why i don't want to be found,"

hueningkai looks up, folding his lips together, "just think about it?" he shrugs, "i don't know how much longer i can keep this a secret.... you know i'm shit at that,"

yeonjun groans, "i never should have been so clumsy," he shakes his head, "i shouldn't have gone out that day... i shouldn't have ran into you-"

"but you did," hueningkai smiles, leaning forward to grab yeonjun's hand, sandwiching it between his own, "and i'm glad you did,"

yeonjun sighs, "just-" he groans, "just don't tell anyone that you know where i am, just yet," he nods desperately, "please?"

hueningkai looks at yeonjun, eventually huffing before throwing his hand aside with a frustrated frown.

he crosses his arms, "fine,"

yeonjun smiles.

"but you better think about it, hyung," hueningkai points a finger, "it's been a fucking year and a half... and you still haven't shown your face..." he says.

yeonjun frowns now.

"imagine how they feel, hyung," hueningkai scrunches his eyebrows, "put yourself in their shoes. how would you feel if your best friend just disappeared one day.... and no matter how hard you tried... you couldn't find them,"

yeonjun bites the inside of his cheek, sighing, "i don't know," he whines, running a hand through his pink head of hair, "i guess i never really thought about that,"

hueningkai nods, "now think about it," he pleads, looking yeonjun in the eye, "you don't know how much they both miss you, hyung,"