chapter thirty - three

| 33 |

"the fuck?!"

hueningkai groans, falling back in his seat momentarily before sitting up again. he slams his hand on the table, "i told you a million times, how has it still not been comprehended?"

beomgyu just blinks, jaw fallen open, eyes wide as if he'd seen a ghost.

hueningkai groans a second time, body slumping, "great," he leans back in his seat, sighing deeply, "now you're mute,"

"you need to break down what you just told us," soobin raises his brows, gulping as he places a hand on the table, leaning down to meet the youngest's eyes.

"how many times have i?!" hueningkai whines in exhaustion, "i've told you all a thousand times and you-"

"how the fuck are you gonna pull up with, oh i forgot to tell you guys, taehyun got arrested," yeonjun scoffs, "what the fuck kai?!"

hueningkai sighs, shrugging, "okay...." he nods, "maybe it could've come out better,"

"you think?!"

| 3 HOURS EARLIER |

taehyun stuffs his hands in his pockets, the fog of his breath swirling in the wind, chills running down every inch of his skin.

he swallows, shivering. maybe from the cold? he hoped it was. or was it the fear that coaxed throughout his entire body, his throat sore from the amount of anxious gulps.

he pauses right at the corner of the building, head tilting upwards to stare at the dim, flickering light of the bar he'd known all too well.

he bends his body back a bit, getting a good look inside.

he sees that woman inside, serving drinks as she always does. hwang yeji, was it? she was a very kind and comforting woman from what taehyun knew.

with a sigh, he stands back in place, bracing himself for the worst.

he counts his tenth gulp before turning the corner, hands still in his pockets as he walks forward, eventually stopping at the sound of laughter.

"so, you showed up?"

taehyun clenches his teeth, looking to the side angrily, "just say what you want to say. i'm only here because you keep on threatening my fucking friends,"

the man coos sarcastically, his gang behind him chuckling, some blowing out smoke with their laughs, the others just amused at the sight of taehyun alone.

"you're brave,"

"you fuckers beat up my friend a year ago... and you also fucking stabbed me. stabbed me," taehyun scoffs, "so of course i'm gonna be brave. you keep hurting everyone,"

"and i'll continue to hurt everyone unless you tone down that fucking mouth of yours," the man clenches his teeth, voice strained in annoyance.

taehyun rolls his eyes.

"and that attitude too,"

"fuck you,"

the man laughs a genuine laugh, maniacal giggles crawling up and out his throat, "relax. we won't hurt anyone you care about,"

taehyun sighs, "what if i don't believe you?"

the man chuckles, smirking, "you didn't even let me get to the consequence of that statement, sweetheart,"

taehyun rolls his eyes, "take that sweetheart and shove it up your ass,"

the man shoots up off his motorcycle, "you fucking-"

"don't," one of the men in the back push at the leader's chest, "we don't want to be messy like last time.... we almost got caught,"

the leader rolls his eyes, clenching his teeth to calm himself. he closes his eyes, releasing a low breath, "you," he points a finger at taehyun, "you're asking for death, aren't you?"

"it's better me than people i care about," taehyun shrugs, "but i'll fight for my life. you guys are clearly all bark no bite. you fuckers wouldn't even get the chance to scratch me in a fight,"

"as if we didn't stab you last time,"

"look," taehyun purses his lips, gesturing to himself, "i'm here aren't i? looks like your puny little pocketknife didn't even dent me,"

the man's lip twitches in anger and annoyance, "watch your fucking tongue,"

taehyun just smirks, raising his arms up at his sides, his whole front torso on display, his chest puffed in an intimidating state.

"go ahead, kill me,"

the man raises his brows a bit, "what did you say?"

"what are you, slow?" taehyun rolls his eyes, "i said to kill me....so kill me... fucking coward,"

the man scoffs, getting off his bike to walk over slowly, his hand dipping in his pocket to graze his fingertips along something that causes taehyun's head to tilt in curiosity.

"curious, babe?"

"now stick the babe in one of your friends' asses since yours is full," taehyun smiles, leaning forward temptingly, "sweetheart,"

the man then raises a fist, punching taehyun right smack across the side of his face, the blonde's head flying to the side, his cheek throbbing, lip already bleeding crimson red.

taehyun's eyes widen a bit when he hears the clock of what sounds like a weapon, his head turning, attention caught at the sight of a gun pointed right at his face.

"i'll fucking kill you... right here, right now,"

taehyun just smiles, motioning for him to do so, "give it to me,"

then the gun goes off, and police sirens wail.